Rooting the iDeaUSA tablet

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Anyone successfully root an iDeaUSA tablet, model A777 (aka CT702) ?

p808u2

May 30, 2012
Anyone successfully root an iDeaUSA tablet, model A777 (aka CT702) ?

I was not successful with OneClickRoot (mentionned the tablet was already "rooted"!), nor "Droid 3", not better with Z4root.

HOWEVER, UNLOCKROOT worked for me... Give it a try. And even if it tells you that your tablet has already been rooted, do it anyway... Unlock Root of Android

Let everybody know if it worked for you.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I was not successful with OneClickRoot (mentionned the tablet was already "rooted"!), nor "Droid 3", not better with Z4root.

HOWEVER, UNLOCKROOT worked for me... Give it a try. And even if it tells you that your tablet has already been rooted, do it anyway... Unlock Root of Android

Let everybody know if it worked for you.

YES! It worked for my device, identified as a YG A777 !
I managed to run some apps that required root now.

Thanks!

I probably need to create a nandroid backup of my setup now, so that I can recover/flash to this point in time if something messes up.

Anyone know how to do that?

gmarvel83

Jul 13, 2012
I Cannot get Unlockroot to work. Where do I find the USB driver and how do I install? Does anyone have the instructions for rooting this device? What other generic names does this tablet go by and are there any custom ROMS available?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I Cannot get Unlockroot to work. Where do I find the USB driver and how do I install? Does anyone have the instructions for rooting this device? What other generic names does this tablet go by and are there any custom ROMS available?

What happened when you downloaded and ran UnlockRoot on your PC with your CT702 connected via USB?
The device is also called YG A777.
To flash ROMs, you need something like ClockWork Mod Recovery for the device. Not available yet :(

gmarvel83

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. When I connect the tablet with USB windows installs a bunch of drivers but not one for the tablet itself. Windows recognizes it as a777 but it says it doesn't know what kind of device it is and it has no driver. The program unlock root starts up fine and asks if I want to attempt to install the driver, I select yes and it just keeps asking...

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I didn't install the USB driver from UnlockRoot. I just used it to root my A777. It may think it is already rooted, but let it do it anyway.

Rather than find a USB driver under Windows, I use linux to work with it.

$ lsusb

will list USB devices on a Linux system.
Looks like my tablet uses "18d1", which is the USB Vendor ID for Google :)
Good choice, iDeaUSA!

Last edited:

gmarvel83

Jul 13, 2012
OK, tried again. When i launch unlock root and click root a dialog box pops up and says do you want to try to install driver. If i say yes it goes away and pops up several seconds later with the same choices. If I click no it just goes away. If i click root the whole thing starts again. I don't understand what to do....

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Is there a log file that unlockroot created on your PC? It will tell you what it did.
I used Windows XP, disabled my Antivirus (it may block some rooting programs), and here's what's in my log.txt:

Kill adb server
Starting adb server...
Get online devices
chmod file 777 /data/local/tmp
push file to device : rootutility
push file to device : busybox
push file to device : su
chmod file 755 busybox
Try to get shell root permission may take several minutes...
push file to device : Superuser.apk
Rooting, please wait...
Root Succeed!
Root finished!

Worst case: factory reset the CT702, delete the usb drivers that got installed on your PC, and try unlockroot again.
Do not use unlockroot to install drivers now; just get the device rooted, and verify root works.

Last edited: