Running slow out of the box!

AgentMissa

Nov 27, 2012
Just got my new Ematic MID 10" Google Android 4.0 Multimedia Tablet. Everything I do on it has a bad delay. Is there anything I can do to improve this? I'm so discouraged at the moment.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Couple of question.
How much have you done, app installs etc?
Is it overall or most on the WEB?
Have you had any other tablets to compare with?

AgentMissa

Nov 27, 2012
I have only put two apps on it. The delay is happening with everything I do, like flipping through the front screens and opening menus. The animation it has when it opens the app screen is even slow and choppy. I put amazon's app store on it and installed a drawing app. When I try to draw it takes a least a second to show where I drew. It doesn't feel right. I don't have one to compare.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The first and easiest thing you can try is rebooting by powering all the way down (not just locking the screen and putting to sleep) and powering back up. See it that helps at all. If not the next step would be to try a factory reset. This should clear out anything that may be causing performance issues and also the two apps you downloaded. Better to do it now though before you get a lot more setup and lose all of that too.

JP

AgentMissa

Nov 27, 2012
Yes, thank you. I tried what you suggested. The internet runs better but it's still slow responding. I looked on amazon and comments on it are that it runs slow. It's so disappointing. I'll be selling it on ebay.