Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 VS. ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity.

Rewkie

Apr 5, 2013
I know there are ten million posts about this but I'm not looking to read e books or do college equations on it... Im a 13 year old who wants a tablet,so i have 13 year old wants. I like the stylus,2gb ram,and better processor on the note. But i like the metal back,better camera,and better res on the asus. So im stuck... Can anybody help me make a decision? Also does the note lag after time like the asus? And which is better for playing games/searching the web?

Thanks in advance! :D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
For me the biggest choice between the two is the S Pen on the Note versus the keyboard dock on the Infinity. If you don't care about either of those then I would say the Infinity is probably a little better with games because of thecTegra 3 support and the Note is a little better dealing with a web browser as the pen comes in very handy here with the hover feature and accuracy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
If you're going to want to watch movies on it w/o earbuds, the Note has a pair of front-facing speakers (which, if they're at all similar to those on the Tab 2 10.1 I had for a short while, should be pretty decent), while the Infinity has a single rear-facing speaker (which, if reviews are any guide, isn't all that great).

Jim

Rayv

Mar 22, 2013
I have had little experience with the Asus, but I can give my opinion/experience on some of your concerns with the Note 10.1.

The flimsy back on the note is not an issue at all if you use a case. I can't imagine a situation where I would not use one. While I think samsung really failed on that part of the tablet, it isn't a big enough issue that I would hesitate to buy it again. Once in the case no one would ever know that it isn't a standard hard surface on the back.

As for the camera, no it isn't great, but have you ever tried taking a photo with a friends tablet? It is awkward to say the least. I would much rather take photos with my phone or real camera and email/bluetooth them over to the tablet to play with, and that would be the case for me no matter how good/bad the camera was on a tablet. I would try taking photos with someone else's tablet if you have access to one and see if that's something you would even want to do before counting the camera quality as a factor for either tablet.

The screen resolution is great. I compared the difference between tablets at the store and honestly, I couldn't see a big enough difference between them for it to matter to me personally. I was concerned about this because my initial reason for buying a tablet was to use it as a portfolio for my paintings. My work looks amazing on the note. Not that it didn't also look great on the asus, but like I said, I didn't see any difference.

I am a professional artist so my love of the Spen may be a bit biased. After using it, there is no way I would buy a tablet without one. You can take notes with it if you want, but my main use for it has been to draw and sketch. If that is something you ever find yourself doing on regular paper, you would LOVE the note. This was my fourth sketch on the note using sketchbook pro. It isn't a flawless drawing, but given it was only my fourth try at digital painting, you can see its not hard to get the hang of.

$fuzz.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Rewkie

Apr 5, 2013
Can the note get the same games as the asus? Or is it a tegra only type thing? I dont want to have to,but if i do i can unlock it or something to get them...

Rayv

Mar 22, 2013
Can the note get the same games as the asus? Or is it a tegra only type thing? I dont want to have to,but if i do i can unlock it or something to get them...

Sorry I can't help with that, I don't use mine for games. Hopefully someone else will know :)

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I've got gameloft games (order and chaos, nova 3, and wildblood) installed on my note. If there is a game in particular you're looking for, let me know and I'll search on my note.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10