Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3g access

johnmesa

Jul 27, 2011
I am thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy 10.1. How do I determine if the device is 3G capable? What reasonable month to month plans are there if i need to utilize the plan where WiFi is not available or limited?

NDCowpoke

Aug 1, 2011
I am thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy 10.1. How do I determine if the device is 3G capable? What reasonable month to month plans are there if i need to utilize the plan where WiFi is not available or limited?

John...

As a retired librarian, my best sources of infomation is straight from the "horses mouth", i.e., the companies that supply wireless service to the tablet. Too many times the self appointed experts on tech forums provide misinformation. Check out Verizon and Sprint if available in your area.

As to reasonable plans, only you can determine what is reasonable for your personal budget.

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
Hate to differ, however these self appointed experts as you call them are the horses month...They are the user of products and the experts on what works and what doesn't.
As a librarian you well know that knowledge does'nt always come from one source. let alone one that is selling you the product. Yes the carrier will tell you what they offer, but the end user will tell you whom to give your hard earn cash too.
All respect to forum posters...mostly all whom always give the proper answer to questions posted. All they want to do is share their experiences
I have been a forum user for over 30 years....when they were called BBS....before the true internet.

rickio

May 14, 2011
I remember getting on the internet first time. Before it went public and aol took over and dumbed it down. I was so in awe of the braniacs i would meet online. Well thats all gone now...
So if you want to know what a tablet is capable of,might be good to read its published specs.

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Android Tablet Forum

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
have to disagree with one point here - the specs does not always reflect what a device is capable of - tablets ad smartphone platforms are so dependent on the software that your user experience and device capability goes beyond what the hardware specs describe. on paper, looking at just the published spec, the iPad 2 is inferior to many of the current crop of Android based tablets but the user experience and capabilities it delivers remain the aspirational target of many tablets

I remember getting on the internet first time. Before it went public and aol took over and dumbed it down. I was so in awe of the braniacs i would meet online. Well thats all gone now...
So if you want to know what a tablet is capable of,might be good to read its published specs.

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
It's true any fool could say anything they want. However the point still stands - THOSE BRAINIACS are still out there. Case in point, you are in this forum or a reason....too find usefull information. you'll be the judge.
People are here because they wish to help and share their Knowledge not to waste time.

Last edited:

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I bought my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Verizon, and its a 4G LTE device. It will also work on 3G networks and presently its the only option if you want a wireless 10.1 tablet. You can use a WIFI 10.1 with a Wireless Hotspot device if thats the route you want to go, but then you are bound to two devices.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
It's true any fool could say anything they want. However the point still stands - THOSE BRAINIACS are still out there. Case in point, you are in this forum or a reason....too find usefull information. you'll be the judge.
People are here because they wish to help and share their Knowledge not to waste time.

+1 well said Genkilljoy

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

rickio

May 14, 2011
Amazing display...i hope original poster got his answer. I shall be wary of the vortex in the future. Your musings sucked me in. Best to let you all
Carry on...

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
I hate being rude...however sometimes people find so much easier to be nagative then to give positive inputs.....The the General has to step in and lay down the Law...Cheers..best wishes...let's move on.

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
The funny thing about those Hotspot devices are there so small they fit in your pocket and you feel like your a walking internet tower...You could tell anyone "hay need internet access for a moment buy me a cup of coffee"

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010

To know if 3g or 4g capable you would need to ask/buy from a carrier or a retail store like best buy that offer carrier services. Be aware of 3g or 4g service areas. Some cities may not have it widespread. Typical rates are $45 for 4gb - verizon mifi at $ 50 for 5gb - i live in silicon valley where there sre plenty of free wifi available so im kinda lucky there

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk