Screen Capture Icon Disappeared

cedhome82

Jan 19, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Yesterday it upgraded to jelly bean 4.1 .1, now my screen capture icon no longer appears on the bottom row of soft buttons. Anyone have any ideas where it went or how I might find it? Thanks in advance I am a new user to this form and really appreciate your help.

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
Try this,
Settings
under Device click " screenshotsetting"
and then" tick show button in status bar"

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Devices/display/quicklaunch I think will give you the option to enable the screenshot icon.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Defcon4

Feb 16, 2013
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and my screenshot icon disappeared as well. I looked under display in my menu and neither "screenshotsetting" or "quicklaunch" appear under my display menu.
The only options under settings>device>display on my tablet are as follows:
General >
Wallpaper
Brightness
Screen Timeout

Font>
Font style
Font Size

More Settings>
DIsplay Battery percentage(with a tick box)

I've gone through all my menu settings and I cant find anything pertaining to the screenshot soft button, was this feature removed? or is there some other way to access it?

pep1

Apr 26, 2013
press the power button and the vol down button at the same time this takes a screen shot hope that helps

techahead

May 29, 2013
If your from ICS to JellyBean and found something missing.
Backup and do "factory reset". There are major jump between this two version. It's will resolve the issue..

Go to setting - display - quick launch - screen capture

geraldoazv

Oct 24, 2015
Try this,
Settings
under Device click " screenshotsetting"
and then" tick show button in status bar"
I signed up just to thank you, Dazdroid. Even having my tablet for a long time, this is something I never dealed with before.