Skype no good on Tablet

johnhoward

Dec 6, 2011
Have installed Skype and all is OK except for my voice. When I test it on Skype test it is all garbled. I can hear others OK but I am ll garbled to them. Is there somewhere I can fix this problem please?:(

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Have installed Skype and all is OK except for my voice. When I test it on Skype test it is all garbled. I can hear others OK but I am ll garbled to them. Is there somewhere I can fix this problem please?:(

The internal mic is terrible. Buy a set of earphones with a mic and plug it into the headphone jack. Then you will be using that mic and it should work much better.

Gerry

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

Welcome to Bad Mic Volume hell of the Acer.

If you have a case on the tablet, try with it off.
Try with the back of the tablet facing an open room, not your lap or desk or wall.
Do the Skype Test call.

All of these are "try this" suggestions, but quite frankly don't expect any significant improvement.
Your ear-buds+microphone headset that you get with any smart phone may help. Be sure to plug it in before the
skype call starts.

So far there is only one person on this forum that is happy with the mic volume of the A500.

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
all garbled.

I bought a "boom mic" style iphone headset specifically for Skype. The earbuds were annoying since there's no side-tone (I guess an option would be to use just one earbud).

Skype is less than useless to me. It logs me out at some hotspots, and when someone tries to call, I have to be logged in at that moment or Skype acts like the attempt never happened. I've never seen Skype tell me there was a "missed call". It's like MSN Messenger all over again, where you have to phone someone to tell them to use Skype -- so you might as well just tell them what you were gonna say, while you're on the phone. :rolleyes: