So did the all the servers crash on the B&N site.. whats up ????

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
OK, I can go along with your take on it - modified my original post above accordingly. Guess I will consider going ahead with a purchase, but want to think through how to "protect" my NC from such a fragile update process - look into backups for sure.

Backups are nice but this is the ultimate http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html. Not only will it make complete system backups it will block updates and allow you to use custom ROMs. Other than that once you have full market access all you need is Titanium Backup app.

JP

momliz

Apr 29, 2011
Hi - lost everything on autonootered NC, which I love (argh!). Luckily some books were on the BN store so I can get those back, and I'll have to check and see if the few I got through Amazon are still there. The sideloaded ones are still on the computer, at least. I have a few questions:

1) I guess I can assume that the root is gone? Even though two programs that I thought I downloaded (Nook Color Tools and Superuser) are still there. As is the Market. Should I reroot?
2) I can now connect to the internet, but wifi that I used to be able to get, I now can't. Could the ability to connect have gotten worse after this reset?
3) I reregistered, but I still can't connect to Google to set up the Market, Calendar or Gmail. Can anyone else?
4) Apparently, my software version is still 1.1. Is it possible (seems likely reading others' posts) that the NC only did a part of the update?

Thanks for any advice - I was loving my Nook, I had it set up just right, and now it's a mess. Very disappointed!

momliz

Apr 29, 2011
What did you try to do exactly ?

My biggest problem is trying to connect to Google to set up the Market, so I can get my Apps back. I can connect to the internet, wifi works mostly, but when I connect to Google I get a message saying my phone needs to communicate with the Google servers, then an error message saying that this could be a temporary problem, or my phone may not be provisioned for data services. Well, duh, it's not a phone! I guess I should reroot? I have an icon for the Market in the Extras, so I thought it would be available. Under device info, my software version is still listed as 1.1, so I'm not sure the "upgrade" went through, and it looks like this upgrade is pretty buggy, so I am holding off for now.

Thanks for your help!

AshleyBDG

Jan 27, 2011
I'm in the same exact situation. My take is that it broke our root, so it went back to stock 1.1, but hasn't completely updated yet, my guess is that 1.2 it's still coming. You would have to re-root to get your apps and everything back.

My biggest problem is trying to connect to Google to set up the Market, so I can get my Apps back. I can connect to the internet, wifi works mostly, but when I connect to Google I get a message saying my phone needs to communicate with the Google servers, then an error message saying that this could be a temporary problem, or my phone may not be provisioned for data services. Well, duh, it's not a phone! I guess I should reroot? I have an icon for the Market in the Extras, so I thought it would be available. Under device info, my software version is still listed as 1.1, so I'm not sure the "upgrade" went through, and it looks like this upgrade is pretty buggy, so I am holding off for now.

Thanks for your help!

momliz

Apr 29, 2011
apologies if this has been asked elsewhere - can I prevent the NC from updating after I reroot? I think I'd like to wait till things settle down... since it looks like I will have to go back to stock, and reroot. I'm particularly mad because I had Titanium installed, all ready to use to back everything up, but, of course I han't gotten around to it. And, I really don't want to have to go through all those levels in Angry Birds again...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
apologies if this has been asked elsewhere - can I prevent the NC from updating after I reroot? I think I'd like to wait till things settle down... since it looks like I will have to go back to stock, and reroot. I'm particularly mad because I had Titanium installed, all ready to use to back everything up, but, of course I han't gotten around to it. And, I really don't want to have to go through all those levels in Angry Birds again...

You can install CWR to block the update http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html