[Solved] "Application Not Installed" error

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
For about the last month I have had trouble installing updates from Amazon Appstore. It tells me the update is available. Download goes OK. I ack that it is replacing an existing app, then I click Install. Almost immediately it pops up a window that says "Application Not Installed." All I can do is click OK. In the notification bar it says the app has been updated, but it hasn't. This now happens on most Appstore updates, but not all. Coby Kyros 7024 running mfg's Android 2.2 unrooted. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Try this. Go to settings - apps all (or downloaded) Find Appstore, tap it and tell it to clear cache then force stop and restart your tablet.

If that doesn't work go back there and also tell it to clear data and force stop, restart. That may make you put your account back in again but should work.

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately neither worked. I did have to re-enter my credentials, but after that the symptoms were the same. (I'm assuming that by "restart" you mean to power down and then power up, as opposed to using a pin to do a reset.)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately neither worked. I did have to re-enter my credentials, but after that the symptoms were the same. (I'm assuming that by "restart" you mean to power down and then power up, as opposed to using a pin to do a reset.)

Either way to restart would have been OK. Just wondering if you have some malware or virus protection software that is getting in the way. You may want to take the next step which would be to uninstall Appstore restart and re install. You have a fairly strange problem if all the other stuff didn't do it..

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled Appstore and reinstalled it, but it didn't help. Previously I didn't have any antivirus software, but now I've installed TrustGo Security. It scanned all my apps and said they were clean. So I guess the only option left is a factory reset and reinstalling everything. Ugh....

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
For the record: I did a factory reset and reinstalled all my apps from backups. This seems to have solved the problem. I can now install updates from Appstore.