Sony S1 Cradle/dock

Mar 24, 2012
I have had my S1 for about a week now and I'm very pleased with it! I was going to order a cradle for it but thought nearly £40 was a bit steep so I have made my own using black foamex (a material I use for making signs) which works perfectly and looks great. My question is does anyone have a genuine Sony one and does it do anything that mine doesn't? I have to use my existing charger with mine, is this the case with the genuine artical?

davect01

Jan 22, 2012
I have had my S1 for about a week now and I'm very pleased with it! I was going to order a cradle for it but thought nearly £40 was a bit steep so I have made my own using black foamex (a material I use for making signs) which works perfectly and looks great. My question is does anyone have a genuine Sony one and does it do anything that mine doesn't? I have to use my existing charger with mine, is this the case with the genuine artical?

Would love to see an image of your cradle.

spooley

Dec 20, 2011
aardvark4design said:
...I have to use my existing charger with mine, is this the case with the genuine artical?

Yes, the Sony stand requires use of the charger supplied with the tablet (and its unique connector, which is a great shame).

The back of the stand does slide into two positions, propping the tablet at two different angles.

Simon

Apr 28, 2012
The cradle is awesome. I use it as my alarm clock, my tablet charges all night and wakes me up in the morning! The charger is difficult to use without the cradle, but when you use the cradle, the tablet slides right in with no hassle.