Spare Parts App for MID7024

denisem

May 16, 2011
I posted in the general section, but then I noticed this section specific to Coby. I just received a new MID7024 and right out of the box I have a blue line on the screen. In portrait landscape the line goes from the camera down to the other side. I am thinking it's a defective screen but thought I would check to see if anyone knows of any settings that I could try before I have to return it.

Also, when I loaded the software for ebooks from our library I can't seem to get the text to flow on the screen properly. I contacted Overdrive support and they suggested I try a couple of things. I did and nothing is working to correct the issue. The next suggestion was to use the Spare Parts App and adjust the hidden settings. I searched for the app on Applib and can't find it. I then tried Android Market and it's there, but I can't download from the market.

Trying to get this figured out so I will know if I should re-order the Coby MID7024 if I do have a defective screen or try a different tablet.

Any help would be great. So far I like the tablet, but frustrated that I can't use it to read books which was one of the main reason I picked this tablet.