Stuck in "Factory Fallback" loop

ffury

Oct 28, 2011
My sweet neighbor lady asked me if I could fix her tablet. It's a Pandigital Black 7'. I tinker with electronics as a hobby. I found the DC internal jack solder joint had broken. I was able to repair the jack and the tablet is now charged to 100%. The tablet will not boot. It splashes a screen so fast you cant read it and repeats this in a loop about every 15 seconds. I used my camcorder to do a screen capture. Here is link http://ffury.com/pan.jpg
How do I fix this??? I am new to tablet repair.

Robstablet

Jun 1, 2012
OMG!!!!! I got my Novel 9" black for Christmas and (thank you for the screen shot) it has the exact same problem. Pandigital cust. serv. sent me a boot disk but it is stuck in the loop and no matter what, it will not break the cycle. I even removed the back and disconnected the battery in hopes that would reset it, no luck. How I know it is still messed up is when you just hit the power button, it will do a quick dim flash on the power light, that is a tell tale sign that once you power it up, it is still in the loop. I just had a thought that maybe Pandigital could somehow force a firmware update (but I don't know what I am talking about, and I don't even know how one would install that). Any help you come up with I would be really grateful if you would pass it along. I have checked the web and no one I have found has any solution other than the reset of holding the power+volume-up buttons for 10 seconds (straight from Pandigital cust. serv. as well) which has not worked. Thank you in advance. Robert

Last edited: