SuperPAD II (SuperPAD I with 512MB RAM)

camycam178

Jan 22, 2011
All this confusion and discusion over what is or is not the Flytouch 3 and its various incantations (Superpad 2, Epad 3, Apad)

The sellers in China are showing you mixed photo's of both 10" and 8" units; as well as mixed up specifications of both Flytouch and ZT-180 tablets. The only outward observable physical difference between Flytouch 2 and Flytouch 3 is the end panel where the slot interfaces are installed. (See Attachment)

Here is what I can now define for sure about the 10" Flytouch 3 Tablets:

Android 2.2
Infotmic X220 ARM11 1GHz CPU
512 MB DDR2 RAM
4GB Flash Memory
1024 X 600 Screen Resolution
RJ45 Ethernet Port
SDHC Card Slot (Only one, 32 GB Max.)
HDMI Port
USB Ports (2 Ea.)
GPS Antenna Port
External DC Power Jack
Earphone Jack
Speakers (2 ea.)
6000-6400ma Battery

NO BLUETOOTH SUPPORT
WIFI 802.11 b/g
GPS
3G
3.1 Mega Pixel Camera
G-Sensor

Some seller's are claiming Flash V10.1 downloadable upgrade to be available in March 2011.

My impression is that without Flash V10.1 the Flytouch 3 is no big improvement over Flytouch 2. Android 2.1 or 2.2, they are both obsolete. Two or one SDHC Card slot, the max is still 32 GB. No bluetooth support. The major difference is that any need to "Register" is gone in the Fly3.

Me, I'll just wait for Flytouch 4 and Android 3.0; the first real tablet OS from Google Android.

So In other words, ordering this was a mistake? :p I can always root it and load a ROM of honeycomb, and get flash no?

DamnYankee

Feb 26, 2011
For those that have recieved there product from ChinaGrabber, when you recieved your tracking number were you able to track it, and if so WHERE(web site)

my number begins with a r and ends with hk rb---------hk

Thanks

hakkers1977

Feb 14, 2011
Hooray! Finally gOt my tracking info look,

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

We have entered your tracking info into your account.

It should ship out today and track by tomorrow or so.

Best Regards

Amy
That's the email I got hopefully it dosnt take long.
Oh! And tank u for the quick review n pic Geoffreyh.

Last edited:

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
Hi Guys,

Have just ordered a FT3 fr an Aussie supplier, even though it can run Android 2.2, he believes it isn't stable enough for him to be happy about supplying his customers. He advised once the 2.2 is stable he will do a complete 'how to' for all his customers. So am happy that my Xmas pressie is either a bit late or early. The specs are correct there is only 1 TF to a max of 32 gb's but hey you can buy more cards. My supplier reckons 16 micro sd is ample as the 32 micro sd's are so expensive. Hope you're all coping well & those that went with the 'blocked guys' in China get good service. I pd a little extra for service in my country of origin, even offered an additional 'local warranty' & for a techy dinosaur like me - nothing better than peace of mind. Cheers for now. Min.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
When I get some money rollen in. I'll be upgraden to the ftiii so I can help others with it as well.
Sounds like somthing I could fix but I can't see it

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I have renamed the thread title upon consulting one of my vendor sources in China.

Gome Electronics has not actually made a Flytouch 3 yet. Therefore, these listings are but 512MB variants of the Flytouch 2.

I will proactively rename threads and conversations referring to any Flytouch 3 devices to their appropriate names to protect the product naming scheme of Gome Electronics. I also ask that all buyers start referring to their devices as the Flytouch 2 with 512MB RAM to avoid future confusion when the actual Gome Flytouch 3 is released.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Sneaky, sneaky. Oh well, I was originally going to purchase a Flytouch II with only the 256 ram, so I will send CG a dirty email and then move on with my new Flytouch II with 512 mb. But you can bet your sweet backside I won't EVER order from them again if this is their type of sales practices. Sneaky, sneaky Chinese sales persons.

Update: And I have also received my tracking number from CG. I guess that means they have gotten their next shipment in from the "manufacturer" and are now able to fulfill orders. Yay me!

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
According to one of our esteemed moderators we have been fleeced, in case you haven't seen that posting yet. Gome hasn't actually put out the FT III yet. So anyone that has purchased one of these is just getting an FT II with more RAM and a larger flash drive. I am a little upset about the whole thing, but only because I hate having paid for something and THEN find out it isn't the real thing. It is like ordering a beer and getting near-beer instead, but not being told until after you took a drink so you still have to pay. If they had just told me it was the FT II I would have most likely still bought the stupid thing, but then I would have not had my hopes up for something else.

tom100190

Feb 28, 2011
Just racieved my flytouch 3 from chinna grabber after waiting for the chinese newyear brake to finish. Racieved it today and im amazed at the quality. The battery charging seems fine and the discreption seems correct. Having issues with watching videos online example youtube can anyone help? I have a dell streak tablet already which costs 5x the amount. I can tell you i can see a difference but not 5x. So a great buy

camycam178

Jan 22, 2011
NOOOO. My first buy ever turns out to be a disaster. I'm freaking out here, can someone please tell me if this tablet is useless for installing honeycomb on now?! I'm like dead now.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ik somthing was fishy here...
What you all bought was a generically made version 2 of the flytouch2. No flytouch 3 has beed released yet...so those say u have one...u don't. I buy off of merimobiles and they don't have a release yet for one either. But don't fear of those haven an enhanced version of the ftii. Honeycomb can be ported to it so itl be good eventually

Ic reason for them doing this tho. The tablet has gained so much populartiy so adding more ram was only a money maker and performance issue. The flytouch3 should see an aluminum case(maybe) higher megapixel camera (rumor is back and front) and possibly a higher end processor for flash.

Wellll a good thing to this? Once an update is posted. We can use it on original flytouch2s :/
And a lesson learned, don't buy a huge hit tablet right away. Ik its hard but wait patiently till its confirmed.

erock

Mar 2, 2011
Just confirmed as well. China is selling upgraded Flytouch 2 and calling them Flytouch 3. The real Flytouch 3 is not available yet. As soon as anyone gets confirmation of the real deal, please let us all know. Before you buy, confirm that the tablet has two TF card slots. Some of the pictures out there show two slots, but if you ask the seller, they will confirm only one (confirming the upgraded Flytouch 2). Sorry for those of you who were tricked. If you paid with Paypal, then you may be able to make a claim for return. Always pay with Paypal.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Meh, I paid with PayPal, but I won't be returning mine. Like I said, I was originally going to get the FT II anyway, now I am just getting the RAM upgrade instead of the generational upgrade.

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Give 'em a big negative - They hate that! That's if you bought it on ebay.
In fact after I won the bid they sent me an email asking not to give a negative but to contact them and they would fix any problems.
Seemed good enough to me . So I sent one back saying if the product was good I'd give them the best positive feed back they had ever seen. which I did. (Superpad/wowpad.)

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Mmm no. Not a flytouch3 sorry. Again its a flytouch2 2nd gen