SYlvania 10BST -- USB Ports Uses and 4G USB modems

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
Mainly , I am curious what USB devices anyone was able to get working with the Sylvania tablets equipped with 2.0 USB ports?

I was extremely curious if anyone has tried the USB ports with something like a mifi USB 4G stick from one of the mobile carriers for use with a prepaid data plan.
David

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I don't think that can be done; we can connect keyboards, usb flash drives, but what you are asking? I think it would be possible if someone write or makes drivers for the modems to be use on an android platform

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

lorenii

May 2, 2011
You would have to have a modem or other device that has a built in Android driver and/or one that you could write an app and driver for.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
This doesn't apply to USB, but I was able to get my tablet to connect to my phones wireless tether finally. The thing with the tether is that it doesn't create a standard wireless network like your router, it creates and Adhoc network. There is a cool little app called ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher that works to swtich the Wifi between standard networks and Adhoc. This can be found on the SlideMe. I've checked the Android Market and can't find it there.