Sylvania Synet 7LP 7" Android OS 2.1 MID 1GHZ/HDMI Tablet

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Anyone figure out how to get adb via USB working, or tested HDMI output?

On another note, although I'm able to see my SD on the computer (via OTG USB connection) I can't copy files to it or anything...it looks like it works fne but then when i disconnect and look at the sd card form the tablet there are no changes (no files added or removed like I thought happened)? ANyone else notice this, or mayeb my SD card is just crap

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Anyone figure out how to get adb via USB working, or tested HDMI output?

On another note, although I'm able to see my SD on the computer (via OTG USB connection) I can't copy files to it or anything...it looks like it works fne but then when i disconnect and look at the sd card form the tablet there are no changes (no files added or removed like I thought happened)? ANyone else notice this, or mayeb my SD card is just crap

it Might be like the Auen Gentouch... if you your mount options in the notification bar are "Mount Internal.." then your files are probaly in the "Nand" directory.. you can access them via whatever file manager you're using.. just go all the way up to the devices root directory.. not the sd cards root... you should find the "nand" directory there...

to gain access to the sd card for direct file transfer try.... going to the "SD card & phone storage" menu in the devices settings menu... select "unmount sd card" then eject and reinsert the card while the pc connected to the tablet... you should now have options for both "mount internal....." and "mount external....".... internal will be the "Nand" dir.. and external will be the sd card...

Hope this helps....

mshiba64

Dec 6, 2010
I just succeeded in installing some apps into Sylvania's tablet. I simply inserted MicroSD card which I use for my android phone and launch SAM to install .apk files in the card.

I'll figure out what kind of apps we can install.

gkrangan

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,
I picked up this tablet from Toys-R-Us on Sunday for $149.
- Here's what I did to get the stereo headset to work. I used a 2.5mm stereo headset with a mic (like the ones you get with some of the phones as a hands-free headset) and it works fine. It needs to have 4 contacts (2 for the stereo output, one for the mic and the 4th for the gnd). So, the supplied 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that was shipped with the box is not the right one. I guess, one to should be able to find the correct 2.5-3.5mm adapter at RadioShack or something. But, it kinda sucks that these guys don't even test these basics.

- The USB Host port works with the supplied mini-usb to female USB. I tried and tested my usb mouse, keyboard, etc. and it works. A USB flash drive does seem to get recognized, but the file manager does not seem to be able to access it. Need to work on this further.

- The accelerometer based rotation worked right out of the box and it works pretty good.

- I updated to the 2.02 version today and it seems to have made the screen more responsive.

- Plays videos quite well.

- The battery life seems pretty low, but the device only comes with a 1500mah battery, so I guess can't expect a whole lot from it.

- No Android Market Place, so I downloaded the necessary apk files from "http://www.freewarelovers.com/android". So far, I was able to find whatever apps I needed - Angry Birds, Facebook Amazon Kindle, Google Maps, etc. etc. So, no problem there. The built-in Slide SAM3.5 market place sucks. Not many useful apps there.

Overall, I'm pleased with what I got for my 150bucks. Not everything is there out of the box. But, with a little bit of effort, it becomes pretty usable.

GhostHTC

Dec 8, 2010
Hello all,

I am new here, did a yahoo search and found this website, love it so far!! I am also new to the droid. Just like most of you I got this on Black Friday at TRU. I am seeing everyone update theres. How do you update it, I dont have an update button in the settings menu. I am sure I will have more questions but this is good for now.

Thanks.
Ghost

sicktght311

Dec 6, 2010
It should be at the bottom of the settings menu. You have tried scrolling down with your finger right? I know its a stupid question, but just figured i'd ask. I've owned 2 of the them so far and both had them in the settings menu at the bottom

GhostHTC

Dec 8, 2010
It should be at the bottom of the settings menu. You have tried scrolling down with your finger right? I know its a stupid question, but just figured i'd ask. I've owned 2 of the them so far and both had them in the settings menu at the bottom

Yes the only thing at the bottom is "About" there is nothing about a system update

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Hello all,

I am new here, did a yahoo search and found this website, love it so far!! I am also new to the droid. Just like most of you I got this on Black Friday at TRU. I am seeing everyone update theres. How do you update it, I dont have an update button in the settings menu. I am sure I will have more questions but this is good for now.

Thanks.
Ghost

Mine did not have it listed at the bottom of the settings menu either. I had to add a shortcut on the desktop.

1. Click on the applications icon (the 4x4 grid of squares)
2. Click on the menu icon (icon with 4 horizontal bars) or press the menu button on the back side of the unit.
3. Click on the "Add Applications" icon (a filled circle with a plus sign inside)
4. Scroll down until you find "Upgrade system" and select it.

It should now be added as an icon on your application desktop. I had to run my update several times over a couple of days after shutting it down and powering in on until the 2.02 update took. After the update my system is running much better.

chp

Dec 10, 2010
I'm new to androids and I just bought the sylvania yesterday. It looks like I got the older hardware version since my autorotate does not work even though I select it in settings. I updated to the latest version. Everytime when I reboot, the tablet become slow to respond. I downloaded a CPU usage app and I shows that cpu usage is ~95%, User is ~25% and the system is 70%+. I downloaded a task manager app and it only shows that settings and CPU usage is running. I'll kill the settings and the device immediately speeds up. I'll then check the CPU usage and it is about 1%. Settings reloads and everything is fine.

Also, I noticed that the battery died from about full charge to very low while the tablet was off for about 8 hours.

Should I wait for a new shipment of tablets comes in and exchange this older hardware one?

GhostHTC

Dec 8, 2010
Mine did not have it listed at the bottom of the settings menu either. I had to add a shortcut on the desktop.

1. Click on the applications icon (the 4x4 grid of squares)
2. Click on the menu icon (icon with 4 horizontal bars) or press the menu button on the back side of the unit.
3. Click on the "Add Applications" icon (a filled circle with a plus sign inside)
4. Scroll down until you find "Upgrade system" and select it.

It should now be added as an icon on your application desktop. I had to run my update several times over a couple of days after shutting it down and powering in on until the 2.02 update took. After the update my system is running much better.

Thank you, did it over the weekend and it worked!

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
yes market is on mine that I am typing this on. I removed the launcher.apk from the gev zip before I did mine. Everything else I followed the directions from post over on tipster's

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
yes market is on mine that I am typing this on. I removed the launcher.apk from the gev zip before I did mine. Everything else I followed the directions from post over on tipster's

bigwooly - any sucess in your adventure to remove other apks, or did you want all of the other google stuff? Are there any downsides to getting the google experience on the device with firmware 2.02? I noticed some lag when I installed the gev zip package on the initial firmware 1.01 so I have not yet tried with 2.02...

Is the device pretty stable with the google stuff installed (minus launcher.apk) and then removing tepehony, bluetooh, and cell apk's?

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
i get a FC / Wait message about the android keyboard on startup no matter what. I just hit wait and it goes away immediately and doesn't come back again till reboot.

I see no other draw backs but battery life still isn't that much better. if you're surfing or playing games (angry birds for me ) you get about 2 -3 hours total on a full charge.

I haven't played with striping anymore out yet as i'm fairly happy with how it's running right now. If i get a wild hair i might give it a try with removing more from the experience before pushing it again. I don't really use anything but market and gmail. If the aforementioned wild hair occurs i'll keep this thread updated with my findings.

I am curious about seeing if i can get the new market working on here so we'll see what happens.

but to answer your question removing the launcher has cleared all the lag i was getting with the market experience on the 1.01 FW. I did push it once with the launcher on 2.02 and it was just as bad and laggy as with 1.01.

I'm also using helix launcher instead of the stock launcher. I haven't tried any others with the current setup.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
WOW my market has updated to the new version on it's own. I was working on trying to find a new version of the market that would work on 2.1. I was headed to market to get root explorer and it was the new version of market.