Sylvania Tablet review - express version 4/29/2011

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
I got the tablet from CVS because the price was right ($80 shipped) and the reviews were good. The first thing i noticed is the screen almost pulled off the unit when i was removing the screen simulation sticker. The other thing I noticed right off the bat, the touch screen quality is really bad. I compare this to Coby 7015 and a Craig CMP738a. The other units have a much better touch screen and feel better while using your finger and feel even better with stylus. The system is very laggy compared to both Coby and Craig - takes a few times to enter a text on the keyboard. The placement of the SD card and the buttons on the back is plain stupid I . You need tweezers to get out the SD card unless you have the figures of a child. The buttons - I have to turn it over each time to make sure I use the correct one. If you can live with these issues/short comings than its a great tablet for you but its not good for me. I will be returning it soon. One more frustrating thing about it it is that the tablet will not let you install apps without having a SD card installed. It just gives you a message that it cant install apps due to lack of the SD card. Overall bad product - I was hoping much more out of it based on the reviews. Craig CMP738 would be much better if you get a working one (touch screen is better in my opinion).

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Did you even bother working on any of the issues, like upgrading it to 2.2, which resolves a lot of issues?
And what is your point of coming here? Just to complain because no one would listen to you?
This website is about improving the experience of the tablet.

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
I got the tablet from CVS because the price was right ($80 shipped) and the reviews were good. . . .Overall bad product - I was hoping much more out of it based on the reviews. Craig CMP738 would be much better if you get a working one (touch screen is better in my opinion).

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. It seems the early revision units are hit and miss for folks-- some luck out and get exceptional gadgets for the $$, while others get turkeys. It seems like most issues are ironed out by the ROM upgrades, though.

N1princessp

Dec 30, 2011
Thanx so much for posting ur thoughts on this tablet I almost made the mistake of buying one. Thanx for saving me the money, time and hassle of dealing with a crappy tablet.

I got the tablet from CVS because the price was right ($80 shipped) and the reviews were good. The first thing i noticed is the screen almost pulled off the unit when i was removing the screen simulation sticker. The other thing I noticed right off the bat, the touch screen quality is really bad. I compare this to Coby 7015 and a Craig CMP738a. The other units have a much better touch screen and feel better while using your finger and feel even better with stylus. The system is very laggy compared to both Coby and Craig - takes a few times to enter a text on the keyboard. The placement of the SD card and the buttons on the back is plain stupid I . You need tweezers to get out the SD card unless you have the figures of a child. The buttons - I have to turn it over each time to make sure I use the correct one. If you can live with these issues/short comings than its a great tablet for you but its not good for me. I will be returning it soon. One more frustrating thing about it it is that the tablet will not let you install apps without having a SD card installed. It just gives you a message that it cant install apps due to lack of the SD card. Overall bad product - I was hoping much more out of it based on the reviews. Craig CMP738 would be much better if you get a working one (touch screen is better in my opinion).

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
well, from my point of view, this tablet has been worth it to buy, not because they are cheap, its because I haved and still I'm learning to handle an android mid, of course there has been problems, but they are solved, altought some off them came with an older os and we had it upgrade it by ourself most of them, they haved become a solid and stable tablet for most of the ones that were have it, we now can enjoy flash player, netflix, make calls like a cell over the net, with Skype, text plus, nettalk and some others, we have the latest android market into them, and for the people over here who fix, deal or whatever you would like to say their tablets to get it working stable like mine it has been worth it the $99 that I spend on it, also brought me to this wonderful forum where we share all of our knowledge to make it better,

if you were seeking for an iPad, xoom, or some relatives? well? what you really expect for less than a $100? mine one its stable and running smooth, the latest prob that I had its because I deleted an apk, but that was an user problem, not a tablet problem; of course I will like to have a galaxy tab, htc flyer, even a xoom tab, but I don't feel the urge to upgrade it, cause with all the things that we haved discovered, solved the problems that we haved encounter and so on; just because someone didn't like it, it doesn't mean what you are saying, if it is that way that you feel? OK, be my guest and buy whatever tablet that can accommodate your feelings, but even on them you'll encounter problem as well....

for me it has been, and still its worth it, cause I can do (except taking pictures, gps, and videochat) the same things that the most expensive ones does...its a matter of taste

have fun with whatever tablet you buy

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
oh, and I forgot to mention that one of the new model of sylvania tab comes with a camera (so now you can take pictures and make video chat as well, just like the big boys, or more expensive tabs too)

and also they can handle office tasks such as sending and receive and edit mails, word, excel, powerpoint, pdf, you name it, and edit them too; streaming web TV, radio, watch movies, play mp3, wav songs, what else?

yes, they do have HDMI output, you connect a mouse and a keyboard as well,

they are not ipads, so don't expect it to be one, altought you can do the same

do I'm missing something more?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

don't worry, if I miss something and I remembered it, I'll post it