sync issues

Emile

Jan 4, 2012
I can't seem to get the usb sync to recognize the iconia a500. I'm running windows7 And outlook 2010. It recognizes it as a n external hard drive, but i want to sync my outlook calender and contacts with a usb , only. No cloud.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Did you try sync'ing wirelessly? I've sync'ed my photos & videos with my laptop that way. It's in the Acer Sync setting.
Dumb ?: You have Acer Sync installed on your PC, right? If not, you need that. I couldn't find it directly on the Acer site, but it shows up when you Google it.

Emile

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks scuba, I don't have a wireless router. Gotta try that. I thought you could connect with USB like my old Dell Axim PDA. It was easy.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Emile

Jan 4, 2012
Stoneky? What's with the download? Can you explain ,please. Thank you. E.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It where you can find Acer Sync. You have to drill thru the menus to get to Applications tab, and then install it on windows.
Or you could try this direct link to the zip file.

Syncing Outlook Calendar and Contacts:

This is a perennial problem. There are paid services, and free ones, but the best bet is to plan on syncing Outlook to your Google account and
then letting Android sync with that. Android does this automatically, its fast and efficient. In the android world you will be much happier if you never cable your android to your computer. It was designed to be a stand alone device unlike Apple. Do it wirelessly, and preferably automatically. Never cable up to do things the internet can do for you.

For Calendar sync, you can install Google Calendar Sync on your computer. It will keep your Google Calendar in sync with your Outlook Calendar. Its bi-directional. Any change you make on the tablet will appear in Outlook. And vise-versa.

For Contacts there is some free third party solutions that run on your computer. One is Go Contact Sync.

There are also internet services that will sync all of these things, but handing my calendar and contacts to a third party is creapy enough without having to hand them my google account password as well.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Emile, it's where you can download the Acer Sync file to you're PC (direct link from Acer) Sorry I should've explained.

Emile

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks, Stoneky I have already done that. There is a you tube video that shows you how to sync with the USB cord. But when I run Acersync it doesn't recognize the tablet as it shows on the video. I don't have internet at home. And have not updated my windows 7 for at least 3 months now. In the video after you press 1 it scans for the tablet and on the video it recognizes and syncs. But when I try acersync it just finds Google server and continues scanning but without finding my tablet.

Emile

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks Icebike. I don't have internet at home. Divorced dad with 2 kids in college. My ex-wife bought this tablet for me because you supposedly can cable sync your Calender and contacts. Like my old Dell Axim PDA. That was easy. You docked it up and everything synced up perfect, no issues. This is a nice toy, but if I can't figure this out then this will never be a tool. Just a nice toy.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It will always be pretty much a toy until you get wifi at home. Its fairly useless without it.

Emile

Jan 4, 2012
FINALLY!! I got it to recognize the Iconia tab. It was a firewall issue. And I reloaded the Acer drivers. And disabled the Windows Mobile Center from the firewall and there she was. Thank you all who replied. Emile.