Synrgic Dreambook W7

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
What would draining the battery have to do with Mobile network function? just curious

I would check with where you bought the dreambook from, it should just work and not require opening the tablet.
There is now a wifi ONLY model so be sure it is not that, otherwise i would guess it maybe faulty.

good luck and hope you get it sorted.

kopeland

May 4, 2011
What would draining the battery have to do with Mobile network function? just curious

oh, sorry, i was referring to those who opened their tablets because they won't turn-on.

Have you tried other SIM cards? im in the US and ATT works on mine, no problems so far.

Last edited:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Removed the cover and reseated the plug near the battery. Nothing. IS the SIM car supposed to be held in the slot when pushed in? or does the SIM cover push the SIM down. My card will only stay in one way and its not the way the cover for the SIM slot
shows.

I noticed the hardware is 105 but the version is 20. I downloaded 24, but I see there are some problems. Is ther a link to 23 somewhere?
Installed latest version 24 for hd 105. I notice the reset key combo and the reset button do not cause a reboot. they just power down the device. This may be the expected results. I just power on with the power button.
Since 24 i noticed SD card scanning displays when I boot. Still no access to T-Mobile.

Thanks
Charles

The SIM card is supposed to stay in place by pushing it, and releasing by pushing again. In my device, the SIM can be inserted both ways, so you need to look at the contacts in the slot to find the right position.

About the reset button, you are right. It turns the tablet off.

cpayne

May 21, 2011
The SIM card is supposed to stay in place by pushing it, and releasing by pushing again. In my device, the SIM can be inserted both ways, so you need to look at the contacts in the slot to find the right position.

About the reset button, you are right. It turns the tablet off.

Its the one with both. The vendor said he tested the Wifi and 3G SIM before he shipped it. My card will only stay pushed in one way and that way looks incorrect. I'll keep trying.
Confirmed mine only goes in one way and stays. But still no signal.

Last edited:

cpayne

May 21, 2011
Thanks. I have an IME number which I though was for phones. I thought of something. Do you all have data plans? I don't currently, but my other android phones seem to work on t-mobile without it. I was on with t-mobile support and they said my device would need a data plan to be on the network (I said it was a phone). If its a tablet they steer you towards a different non unlimited data plan. Since they can't really tell its a phone.

Last edited:

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks. I have an IME number which I though was for phones. I thought of something. Do you all have data plans? I don't currently, but my other android phones seem to work on t-mobile without it. I was on with t-mobile support and they said my device would need a data plan to be on the network (I said it was a phone). If its a tablet they steer you towards a different non unlimited data plan. Since they can't really tell its a phone.

Which firmware version are you using? I have tried a PAYG T-Mobile sim that has no credit but it still displays T-Mobile and allows calling 100.

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Some good news, after testing FW24 (HD104) we can confirm a mouse now works as it should, this meaning it is possible to control the dreambook with a keyboard/mouse whilst connected via hdmi to a tv!

The bad news, the audio still requires to be carried via headphone jack but im sure we will see this fixed in the next firmware update.

Regarding Android 2.3 for those that have been asking...
Synrgic have said that once they have perfected the tablet with Android 2.2 and it is stable with everything fully functional they will begin to work on Android 2.3

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Some good news, after testing FW24 (HD104) we can confirm a mouse now works as it should, this meaning it is possible to control the dreambook with a keyboard/mouse whilst connected via hdmi to a tv!

The bad news, the audio still requires to be carried via headphone jack but im sure we will see this fixed in the next firmware update.

Regarding Android 2.3 for those that have been asking...
Synrgic have said that once they have perfected the tablet with Android 2.2 and it is stable with everything fully functional they will begin to work on Android 2.3

Good news indeed - although seems that HD105 has downgraded to V22 on Synrgic site. HD104 is still V24.
Have you found a good adapter for the mini-USB port that splits to two USB regular ports?

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Good news indeed - although seems that HD105 has downgraded to V22 on Synrgic site. HD104 is still V24.
Have you found a good adapter for the mini-USB port that splits to two USB regular ports?

We may have another firmware update tomorrow ;)

For keyboard and mouse, you can get wireless combo keyboard with touchpad mouse or even possibly bluetooth...
Alternative when using seperate keyboard and mouse there are cheap usb hub adapters you can get from many places. such as this ->

cpayne

May 21, 2011
Which firmware version are you using? I have tried a PAYG T-Mobile sim that has no credit but it still displays T-Mobile and allows calling 100.

Version 24 for HD 105 downgraded to V 22 and still not luck getting T-Mobile signal.

Last edited:

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Its the one with both. The vendor said he tested the Wifi and 3G SIM before he shipped it. My card will only stay pushed in one way and that way looks incorrect. I'll keep trying.
Confirmed mine only goes in one way and stays. But still no signal.

It is a bit challenging to insert the SIM card because it goes a little deep. I had to use something (another SIM card) to push it to get it inserted and locked in place. The SIM should be inserted face-down (meaning the carrier logo should be on top when you're looking the front of the tablet), and the shorter side of the SIM should go first.

kopeland

May 4, 2011
We may have another firmware update tomorrow ;)

For keyboard and mouse, you can get wireless combo keyboard with touchpad mouse or even possibly bluetooth...
Alternative when using seperate keyboard and mouse there are cheap usb hub adapters you can get from many places. such as this ->

So when you said you were able to use a mouse, was it connected through the mini-usb or through wireless/bluetooth connection? I bought one of these --> Tablet case/keyboard and I was not able to make the keyboard worked.

cpayne

May 21, 2011
It is a bit challenging to insert the SIM card because it goes a little deep. I had to use something (another SIM card) to push it to get it inserted and locked in place. The SIM should be inserted face-down (meaning the carrier logo should be on top when you're looking the front of the tablet), and the shorter side of the SIM should go first.

The only way mine will click and stay is carrier logo on top facing the pad and the notched end inserted first. Leaving the chip towards the top of the slot and facing away from the . I did notice that the voice mail call in number is getting populated.
I tried to setup a APN with V24 but when creating a new or editing the existing one the APN disappeared entirely. even with a reload and cache wipe.
I have tried this SIM in Palm-Win mobile- Android and symbian phones. most of the smart phone had no data plan and were unbranded or unlocked. The SIM has been unlocked for years. I will assume the tablet isn't locked?

kopeland

May 4, 2011
I only tried via the mini-usb, the keyboard case should also work.

i see. Good for you, but it doesn't work on mine. Not sure if maybe it is because i still have to use an adapter/converter (standard usb to mini-usb).