Synrgic Dreambook W7

valeur

May 4, 2011
I upgraded to v24 successfully.

By the way, my home page doesnt rotate and just stays on landscape mode. Does your w7's home scrreen rotate?

- Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum

Upgraded to v24 successfully, no problem with the rotation.
Perhaps it is a setting, settings> Display> Auto-rotate screen

maxsim

May 10, 2011
The radio reception is very poor.The auto scan doesn't work. Do a manual scan and when you are at that channel go to standby mode and the radio will play.I know it is stupid but that is it. The radio will turn on bluetooth too.

nshjoo

May 9, 2011
I have update v24 for HD104, on the radio just the sound of noise and causes the Bluetooth enabled

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Upgraded to v24 successfully, no problem with the rotation.
Perhaps it is a setting, settings> Display> Auto-rotate screen

Thanks for the reply. I figured that the default "Launcher" home screen, was the one that is not rotating. I downloaded other home screen like the "Launcher Pro" and it works, and it is much responsive.

muddasar

May 11, 2011
Any idea what are the changes in V24? Have you seen any improvements after upgrading to V24. Also if battery charging issue resolved (constant Red light) in this update.

Appreciate quick feedback as I am on V23 and planning to update V24 tonight. Thank you!

dandan7932

May 11, 2011
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had a problem with recieving sms messages after updating to V24?
im running HD104 but aswell as the message problem the android phone process keeps dying on boot, anyone have any ideas?!

Thanx guys :)

oh also, does anyone know of a decent silicone skin that fits the w7?

kopeland

May 4, 2011
i guess i am having problems receiving txt messages as well after I upgraded to v24.

As for the charge light indicator, it only remains Red when the Tablet is off. Once you turn it on, it will change to Green when battery is full.

I already reported this to Synrgic, through Kathy Yang (international sales), I've exchanged email with her before and she seems to be responsive. I also give her link to this forum.

Let's see what happens.

dandan7932

May 11, 2011
ok now my wifi has completely packed up!
really not very impressed with the dreambook after so many problems!
has anyone else had the same problem? i tried backdating the firmware to v21 but still same problem...

kopeland

May 4, 2011
really? i had the wifi problem last night as well. Is it when you are trying to connect to wifi, it just says "error"?? what I did was I revert back to v20, but it did not work. So i thought of upgrading it again to v24, this time I had to wipe all data/reset the tablet. Here's what I did:

In the android recovery menu:

1. wipe data/factory reset
2. wipe cache partition
3. apply sdcard:update.zip
4. apply sdcard:boot.img
5. reboot

After that, wifi came back. Hope this will also work for you.

ErikJanVens

Apr 21, 2011
I already reported this to Synrgic, through Kathy Yang (international sales), I've exchanged email with her before and she seems to be responsive. I also give her link to this forum.

OK. If Kathy is listening in...

Kathy, a summary of changes would be well appriciated with every new firmware. That way we can check what has been solved and whether this is a change we want to install, or maybe just wait for a next firmware. Thanks.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
I finally got mine, in a white box with green box inside. Mine does not have the Dreambook written anywhere; I needed to take my chances and chose the HD104 version. Right after I updated, everything got messy (e.g. Market was not working anymore), so I decided to do a full wipe and new update. When i wiped, seemed like I also wiped the update files, so I got an error when trying to apply "update.zip".
After restarting the device (what else to do? :-( ), the tabled booted like brand new, with V24 software. Strange after a full wipe, but it worked. Jst in case, I have again copied the update files to the tablet.

Considerations: yes, radio also turns on bluetooth. But, at least, I could hear some music in the middle of the noise (there's plenty of it), when I turn off the screen. With screen on, seems that it interfers with radio reception, and I hear only noise. Bluetooth, on the other hand, worked much better than in my Motorola Milestone. Now I can receive files through bluetooth!

SMS works fine both for sending and receiveing, although takes about 2 minutes to receive a message. Sending is immediate.

The light sensor for the screen does not seem to work; automatic brightness keeps my screen dim at all times.
GPS works fine (I got Google Maps from Android Market), although I haven't yet tried any offline navigation software.
The screen is reasonably responsible, but nothing that I have got impressed with.
Flash Player 10.3 from Market does not seem to install, but the tablet comes with an installable version of the 10.1
Video plays nice (better than my netbook with 1.6 GHz and 2 Gb RAM) with Rock Player with software decodification.

The accelerometer is miscallibrated; Google Sky Map always show the horizont vertical. A-Tilt works almost ok, but shaky, giving the impression that the accelerometer has no software filter at all. Even worse, sometimes my accelerometer gets crazy, and the screen keeps switching very fast between landscape and portrait, with no reason. This is a concern - what if it gets crazy in definitive?

Overall, I am ok with the tablet, but not really excited. The experience with my Moto Milestone 1 is about the same, even with the Milestone having only 600 Mhz and 256 Mb of RAM.

Synrgic, if you're listening, there is still a lot of room for software enhancement. If you are not considering the maintenance of this software, please release development tools for the community, and let it go.

For Brazillian users, it works fine with Vivo in Rio de Janeiro.

lo_fi

May 19, 2011
Hi all,

So I was over in Shenzhen and I picked myself up one of these tablets.
Overall impression is pretty damn good, nice and responsive, Radio/GPS/wifi/3g/lightsensor all works perfectly out of the box. Flash 10.3 d/l and installed fine also.
The only thing that doesnt work well is the accelerometer, the thing is, it works perfectly when switching orientation but if I try a game like "doodle jump" or the "Drift" one that comes with it, it is all over the place (ie turns in the wrong direction) and not useable, does anyone else have this problem? Maybe it is similar to the poster above issues?

Also I notice that there is a new firmware on the site V25 I tried to DL it the otherday but it said it was going to take 3 days! Now when I look at the site it only says V24 (although I could be wrong).

Battery life is a bit naff, but I guess I can live with that.

cheers.

Last edited:

lo_fi

May 19, 2011
OK. If Kathy is listening in...

Kathy, a summary of changes would be well appriciated with every new firmware. That way we can check what has been solved and whether this is a change we want to install, or maybe just wait for a next firmware. Thanks.

I agree

+1

lo_fi

May 19, 2011
I have successfully Update_V23_HD104, but there is a problem, while being in charge, always blame the red light even when full

Mine is the same, I think that it is probably normal?
I just turn my device off completely (power shut down) then after its been charging for a few hours unplug the power and then turn it back on, the light turns green and then goes out. Other wise the light stays on even when the device is in standby and running on battery, I think that the power management software is not yet optimised.