Synrgic Dreambook W7

Finslate

Sep 29, 2010
Hi

I was experiencing the same problem with charging light. The light stayed red (even when charger was unplugged from tablet) until power was cycled on and off.

With firmware V24_HD104 my Dreambook's charging light operation has been fixed.
The charging light turns from red to green when fully charged and light turns off when charger is disconnected from the tablet.

Dreambook W7 in a white unmarked box.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
It's unclear to me which type of Dreambook is which.
Mine came in a white box, with a green box inside. The external box says "Dreambook W7", but the tablet itself has only a sticker with the name ET1000, an IMEI number and a bluetooth address. I couldn't find anywhere a serial number. I updated with HD104 and had no issues with the light: it goes red when charging, and green when fully charged.

I don't know if I should try HD105 and see if the accelerometer would get fixed or if this is just going to brick my tablet. Has anyone tried HD105?

JMARSH

Apr 7, 2011
Hello, Mr felipe

The serial number appears here:

SETTINGS---ABOUT THE PHONE---COMPILATION NUMBER (between brackets HD104 or HD105)

Regards

Last edited:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
The serial number appears here:

SETTINGS---ABOUT THE PHONE---COMPILATION NUMBER (between brackets HD104 or HD105)

Thanks. But, for my own education, isn't it the compilation number? Mine now says B02V03-20110509(HD104), but this is because I used HD104 update file from Synrgic. Before I updated, it was V14-<some numbers>, but no information about HD104 or HD105. I guess I was lucky to choose HD104 but I had no clue about which (HD104 or HD105) I should install...

Anyway, thanks for the hint.

maxsim

May 10, 2011
My Dreambook all of a sudden does not power up anymore.
Was charging it overnite in standby mode and the next morning, when i try to wake it up, it failed to to recharge it but still the same.

I had try:
1) Recharging it
2) Connecting to PC

For those facing, radio problem, i had talk to one of the supplier and they said the radio module might be the problem.

Any idea??

maxsim

May 10, 2011
Ok I solved my own problem.
This is what i did.

1) Remove the 4 rubber padding at the 4 corners at the back of Dreambook W7.
2) Unscrew the 4 screws.
3) Pry open using your finger nails if you have or using a professional tablet opener.

You will see the big black battery and try to locate the 2 wires that will link to a connector below a black tape.
Slightly peel off the black tape and unplug the connector and reinsert it.

DONE.
Next power up the set and Viola... it works.

Phew... nearly **** the hell out of me.
Still do not know what is the cause of it.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Very good, maxsim!

I learned yesterday that V24-HD105 fixes the radio reception of my device, but make all the rest slower and the led does not go off, even when disconnected. V24-HD104 works fine for almost everything, except radio reception.
I found that after almost bricking the tablet twice.

cpayne

May 21, 2011
Just received my dreambook V105 . Inserted T-mobile SIM and no service message. The SIM card wont seem to click into place but one way and that doesn't seem to match the graphic in the cover. No matter which way I install it no signal. everything else seems to work OK. Is anyone using this tablet with T-mobile.
Thanks

Last edited:

nshjoo

May 9, 2011
I also experienced the same thing, my dreambook total dead. after opening the rear cover as was done maxsim, I unplug and plug the 3 pins battery cable from the socket. now is working again. thanks maxsim

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Just received my dreambook V105 . Inserted T-mobile SIM and no service message. The car wont seem to click into place but one way and that doesn't seem to match the graphic in the cover. No matter which way I install it no signal. everything else seems to work OK. Is anyone using this tablet with T-mobile.
Thanks

T-Mobile UK is working fine here with (HD104)

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
Ok I solved my own problem.
This is what i did.

1) Remove the 4 rubber padding at the 4 corners at the back of Dreambook W7.
2) Unscrew the 4 screws.
3) Pry open using your finger nails if you have or using a professional tablet opener.

You will see the big black battery and try to locate the 2 wires that will link to a connector below a black tape.
Slightly peel off the black tape and unplug the connector and reinsert it.

DONE.
Next power up the set and Viola... it works.

Phew... nearly **** the hell out of me.
Still do not know what is the cause of it.

Did you try the reset button first? I think this may have solved the problem and saved you some trouble. :)

cpayne

May 21, 2011
Did you try the reset button first? I think this may have solved the problem and saved you some trouble. :)

I have tried the reset button still nothing. Looks as though I may have to re-seat the radio plug. the only receptions i get is the the FM receiver and will get one station.

cpayne

May 21, 2011
I also experienced the same thing, my dreambook total dead. after opening the rear cover as was done maxsim, I unplug and plug the 3 pins battery cable from the socket. now is working again. thanks maxsim

Removed the cover and reseated the plug near the battery. Nothing. IS the SIM car supposed to be held in the slot when pushed in? or does the SIM cover push the SIM down. My card will only stay in one way and its not the way the cover for the SIM slot
shows.

I noticed the hardware is 105 but the version is 20. I downloaded 24, but I see there are some problems. Is ther a link to 23 somewhere?
Installed latest version 24 for hd 105. I notice the reset key combo and the reset button do not cause a reboot. they just power down the device. This may be the expected results. I just power on with the power button.
Since 24 i noticed SD card scanning displays when I boot. Still no access to T-Mobile.

Thanks
Charles

Last edited:

kopeland

May 4, 2011
You should've tried to drain the battery completely, then recharge, and probably you wouldnt have to open it.