Tablets hardware materials

hen1235

Aug 19, 2012
Hi guys, I hope that's the right place.

I was wondering for a long time what is the difference between known tablets and Chinese cheap tablets.
If to be more specific, is there any difference in the inside materials that all the electronics are made of? Please assume that I don't care about the cover plastic, just the system itself.

All the same, I noticed that one can order the same product specs as an Ipad or Samsung Tab from a Chinese manufacturer, than is he really be the owner of an exact device?

Is it possible to change system readings for GSCRIPT or other applications that give info about the hardware of a device?

Thanks everyone!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, some are made using less costly materials such as plastic rather than aluminium backs. batteries may be slightly smaller hence slightly less battery life & cpu's are just now beginning to compete with the bigger brands. in all, most chinese tabs are just a compromise to keep costs down, but are in no way less useable, in fact some outperform their bigger name rivals. as you may know , most tablets are built in china anyway but the bigger names have larger resources & in some cases better software (not all tho') i use chinese tabs & but for a few things i could probably sort out with a bit more knowledge & patience, i believe they're a very good buy if your budget is limited. here's a link to very good tab from a trusted seller which is on par, if not better than an ipad2 for specs etc. if you check out their site you can get an idea of how far chinese brand tablets have developed in a very short time & soon , no doubt, they will overtake the bigger rivals for sales. good luck.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $226.00 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Here's my experience. I have had 3 chinese tablets fail on me within a week. 1 of them was dud right from the start and the other two have all sorts of problems with stuff not working, dark screen, feeble sound etc etc. And mind you these are not 40-50$ tablets, I paid between 120 - 160$ on them. What good is the dual core processor, 1G ram and quad core GPU if it can't even do the basic things ?

So my suggestion to you is to buy a reputed brand tablet and save yourself the heartache. There are plenty of branded refurb tablets for even lesser price that would do circles on these chinese devices. You will be able to sell it on ebay and get something back as opposed to these chinese tablets. I personally would have moral reservations selling them to anyone. Ofcourse, I'm not trying to speak for everyone but go and see what people are saying about these tablets yourself. I really urge you to do it before you spend your hard earned money. While some are satisfied, there are many who are not.

Last edited:

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
on the other hand, i still have my GPS unit from 5 years ago. I bought it from Deal Extreme (China), it runs Windows CE and is still running fine now.

i'm now looking for a chinese Android tab to use as in car entertainment and GPS :) there are some more well known brands such as 'Ainol' in the china tablet 'circle', as long as you get it from a reputable supplier with 12 month warranty then you shouldn't have any problems.

It is usually the case materials that are the biggest difference, the Processor and memory etc will be cheaper versions too.

Last edited:

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
I don't deny that there are many people who have had good experiences just as yourself. But there's far too many horror stories to ignore.

I bought a Ainol tablet from Dealextreme that turned out to be a dud right from the start. The screen was really dark and the volume was feeble. I had a bad feeling after looking at their reseller reviews (6.8/10 rating) and tried to reverse the order within 2 hours but they denied my request. They shipped the tablet despite the cancel request. When I tried to submit a detailed negative review of the product they didn't approve it. So this is kinda deceptive, as the customers only get to see positive reviews of the product.

Last edited:

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
i've spent hundreds with DealExtreme, only had a problem with 1 item, which they refunded (it did take a while, but did happen).

never had problems cancelling either, obviously before shipping.