Task cleaners

nlingelbach

Aug 24, 2011
Wondering what the best apps are for cleaning up apps,cleaning the system,etc. are? I'm not quite that saavy for running these kind of programs yet so looking for user friendly :) I've tried android assistant and super manager just not understanding how they run. Any input would be great!! Thanks!!!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
this is a very open topic, you will find a lot of people here are going to tell you they aren't necessary, and those that insist on it, so be ready. Basically it comes down most likely to a personal preference kind of thing. No, technically they are not necessary, but honestly they are nice to have, especially if you are a control-centric personality.

I personally use an app called Advanced Task Killer by rechild, which is free from the market on my android phone, but don't use anything on my tablet which runs honeycomb.

Hope that helps a little

JoeRebel

Aug 30, 2011
Might want to try SD MAID! It works great and is lite.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Android does a very nice job of handling things w/o any help. I have TaskKiller installed just in case an app causes trouble for some reason, but I haven't had to use it in months.