Think I'm bricked

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I was loading the froyo update and the screen started to pixelate- red bar turned green and whole thing faded to gray. I pulled the battery to try again and now all I have is a gray screen that won't load rom. Any helpful suggestions? :(

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Try flashing a second time. Check that you have the right checksum on the file.

Try flashing a ROM you knows works.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I have a plain blank white screen. Sound works- connects to my computer- sees the 2 sd cards(or would if I could mount them)- If I put the dload card in the lights blink quickly like its loading, then steady light( end of uploading rom?) and I can disconnect and it reboots into a plain white screen. I can use the huawei updater tool- says successful, and reboots to a plain white screen. Initially when it happened the loading bar looked pixelated, turned green, and faded to gray. Could my screen have burned out?

any thoughts appreciated.

@pvella- I used the same 2.2.2 card 4 times since yesterday with no problems. I also used the singapore rom via the huawei updater tool. It says successful- but I still have a white screen with sound and will connect to pc

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
it's only 4 months old. I wonder if best buy will replace it? Or send back to huawei.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Flash an 2.1 firmware to see if is broken. It allmost happened to me experimented with 222 recovery and I flashed my original BB firmware and everything was ok. Now I am on 222 rom with no problems.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Huawei should take it back. Reflash to BestBuy version. Sounds like some sort of hardware issue.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I have reflashed to best buy's rom- think I did anyway since you can't see what's on the screen. Still no picture- sound from volume up and down after i think I did the calibration. Back to best buy..

Thanks for your input!

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
well- since I did not buy the $70 extended warranty best buy wouldn't help me. They couldn't even tell me where to send it. Even thou skeptical, I called the number at the bottom of the warranty slip and I got a real person who spoke normal english! Imagine that! So I will pay to ship it to Texas! wish me luck! They couldn't tell me how long they would keep it.

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
that sucks buzzman i hate best buy. sometimes they are really inconsistent with their quality of customer service. sometimes its a great experience, and sometimes you want to go all the cars in the employee parking lot. I hope you get your tab back soon.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks 10 till 4- will ship off tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Happy Passover/ Happy Easter/ Happy Russian Easter. If I forgot anyone, well Happy whatever!!!! ;)

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Shipped to Texas- $15.00 between insurance and tracking. Should get there mon/tue. We'll see how good their 12 month warranty is.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Actually the experience you have may determine if I will buy another product from Huawei. I remeber having an HP product that went bad, think it was a winCE device, and they sent me a prepaid UPS box to return it in. Probably stated in the warranty that shipping, at least to them, is your responsibility.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah- I pay one way. They pay to return it hopefully fixed or with a new unit. ;) I have to say up till this point I really liked this tablet.
If I get it back in working order I'll continue to like it and mod it.

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
Yeah- I pay one way. They pay to return it hopefully fixed or with a new unit. ;) I have to say up till this point I really liked this tablet.
If I get it back in working order I'll continue to like it and mod it.

I also sent mines to Plano, Texas 10 bucks without insurance but with tracking hopefully by the time its its returned back a cooler froyo or even gingerbread port of cyanogenmod is in effect.