Thinking about selling. Need help/advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0lphin2

Jan 11, 2012
I am thinking of selling the Acer. I have paid for Modern Combat 2 HD, Uno HD and 9mm HD. I would like to be able to keep them for a sweetner for a new buyer. I uploaded the .apk files to box.net. Are they tied to my CC# or email if I then downloaded them and emailed them to the new buyer?

Last edited:

TheQCC

Dec 16, 2011
If you purchased the apps using the Market, then they are tied to your Google account, not a specific tablet.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
While it is a nice jesture. If you had to pay to get them it would technically be a theft. Something not recommended and something that should not be discussed in these forums.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

d0lphin2

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for the answers. i did not know it would be considered theft. Yes, that is something i want to avoid.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
No problem, if they were free Apps I doubt there would have been a problem but what you were asking would have fallen in to a category of intellectual technology theft..
Something that gets done far to often and is wrong like any other.
It is however legal for you to reinstall those Apps back on to your new tablet for your own personal use.

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Once the new owner resets phone, everything will have to be redownloaded (?) anyway. Only thing that would remain on phone would be anything left on sd card, and you would probably take that with you...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Seriously, the current owner should wipe the SD card and do a factory reset on the tablet before selling it to be sure none of their personal information is passed on to the new owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.