totaly black screen

Nov 1, 2012
Hey friends I'm new here, I started to update my tablet A500 but I forgot to connect the power and suddenly everything had gone, my screen turned off and the light that indicate the charge is go on stopped only when I try to make the device on it will flash red light and the "acer" logo will appear once and then the darkness will be the only one, sometimes I hear the notice voice of some games, I tried to reset the device several times but it wasn't useful.
Help me please!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi welcome to the forum. Make sure to let the tablet charge on the factory charger and cord over night so you know it has a full charge regardless of the light. Also try holing the power button for about 20 seconds to make sure it actually powers down all then way then try and star it it like normal (press the power button for 2 seconds).

You mention you tried to reset the tablet but not what type of reset. If you have tried the pin hole reset without success you should move on to a factory reset. After trying all of the above it nothing gets you going again you may have faulty hardware you will need to return.

JP

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hey friends I'm new here, I started to update my tablet A500 but I forgot to connect the power and suddenly everything had gone, my screen turned off and the light that indicate the charge is go on stopped only when I try to make the device on it will flash red light and the "acer" logo will appear once and then the darkness will be the only one, sometimes I hear the notice voice of some games, I tried to reset the device several times but it wasn't useful.
Help me please!
It is possible you've bricked your tablet. There are ways around this but you will need to run the recovery utility. The best thing is to go to the XDA developers forum where they will give you excellent advice on how to do things like this. Make sure you read the information very carefully before you begin any attempts.

Another thing you can do is go to an ACER DEALER for repairs - but where you are you may not have this ability.

The Super Moderator does have a link at the bottom of his answer to you.

Last edited: