A500 Screen problem.

Omedave

Nov 16, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my A500's screen. Everything wich is normally displayed as white or light gray is now displayed as a pink shade. here and there some green dots and stuff. at first it sometimes occured, and was fixed by a tap on the back of the A500 but now it is permanent.....
on a side note: the A500 is not even damaged, no scratches nothing. So Im definatly sure that Its not caused by me banging the device around.

Someone has experience with this? and can someone tell me if this is something that can get fixed under warranty?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You need to get this in to Acer for warranty repair.

Sounds like one segment of your display adapter has failed (probably the blue channel).
It could be just a loose ribbon connector, but why void your warranty by opening the device.
Better to just call acer and get it RMA number for repair.

Omedave

Nov 16, 2011
You need to get this in to Acer for warranty repair.

Sounds like one segment of your display adapter has failed (probably the blue channel).
It could be just a loose ribbon connector, but why void your warranty by opening the device.
Better to just call acer and get it RMA number for repair.
thnx Icebike. you sound like the expert that I was looking for on this one. thanks for the confirmation for my theory on what was going on. You are right, I will have it fixed. thanks alot

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
Sorry i can't answer that since i have a different problem. I just received my Acer Iconia tab 500 which when i purchased it i already knew it had a white screen problem. I need help with it to correct it. I usually buy all white screen problems since all i have purchased i have been able to fix. This one is much more complex inside then the standard Android Tablets i have worked on so far. The insides is much different. I just wonder if it is possible there is No OS installed and that is what is causing the white screen. I did check all the cables i could get at but there seem to be some burried deep. Would require to tear it down more then i really want.
Any one who can help i would be greatful
Thanks