traveling overseas

fondoo

Jun 5, 2011
im traveling over seas next month and i will be on a 15hr flight. there are no power adapter on the seats. what are my options to charge the motorola xoom? on my iphone i had a usb power pack. are there a usb cable with a motorola pin adapter?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Most tablets do not charge via USB. I only know of the Nook/NookColor that does.

tankueray

Jun 28, 2011
The Energizer Energi to Go XP8000 should work. Energizer® XP8000 Portable Netbook Charger | External Battery | Netbook Battery If it doesn't come with the Xoom tip, you can get one from the site. They offer 2 free tips per year for the life of the product.

I've had iGo chargers and power packs in the past, I don't know if they make a Xoom tip, but I've never had a problem with them. They're also pretty easy to find in the airport stores, find a Brookstone that has a clearance shelf. Lots of people buy them for a trip and return them when they get back, so Brookstone has to sell them at a discount. DFW Terminal D Brookstone in the back right corner, looks like a junk shelf. :)