Ubuntu firmware.img editing

Warrior1988

May 2, 2014
I know how to mount and edit system.img but I want to have root/superuser preinstalled into img I put superuser.apk and su and busybox in there correct folder then repack syayem.img but when flash no root or superuser app do I need to set the permission to each file inside Ubuntu or is there an updater script because I dont see one. Oh Im new to this forum and like the respect of people on here.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not understanding your question, if you are talking about livesuit then yes, you need to add permissions to the files you add to image, or they wont be active, but the files should still show up none the less, so I suggest you mount a system image that you already modified, ie, added files to and see if they are in the modified image, sounds like you didn't really add them.

Warrior1988

May 2, 2014
Not understanding your question, if you are talking about livesuit then yes, you need to add permissions to the files you add to image, or they wont be active, but the files should still show up none the less, so I suggest you mount a system image that you already modified, ie, added files to and see if they are in the modified image, sounds like you didn't really add them.

I unpack .img then move system.fex to ubuntu then converted it to img and mounted it so I can edit systems files I add superuser.apk and su and busybox to correct folder do I need to set the permission to the files in Ubuntu then repack system to fex so I can pack back to img?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I unpack .img then move system.fex to ubuntu then converted it to img and mounted it so I can edit systems files I add superuser.apk and su and busybox to correct folder do I need to set the permission to the files in Ubuntu then repack system to fex so I can pack back to img?

I have already answered this question, you haven't answered mine, when you unpack a modified image (image that you modified) do you or do you not see the files you added?

Warrior1988

May 2, 2014
I have already answered this question, you haven't answered mine, when you unpack a modified image (image that you modified) do you or do you not see the files you added?
Ya I see the files there still there maybe I need to set correct permission for them so when I repack they will be active on android devices?