USB connectivity?

RangerMD

Aug 27, 2011
can I plug my WM8650 7", usb+ethernet dongle, mtouch, green led, vibrate, 1.5.1. ROM to my PC? I am afraid that since both ports (PC and tablet) have their own current, maybe I could burn some board circuit? Is a male to male USB all I need to say use the tablets NAND memory as a USB drive? (my tablet has such an option in settings)

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I used my wife's ipod connector to plug into my tablet and into my computer. The computer recognized the microsd card and I can access it, but I got a warning triangle on the tablet display that said the SD card was unexpectedly removed. When I rebooted the tablet, the card was still fine. Not sure if this is recommended, but it did work.

EmperorNemisis

Sep 6, 2011
You cannot use a male to male usb dadptor with your wm8650 device. It apperas that the usb controller only supports usb host, so it will fry your computer's usb port should you atempt to connect it in this manner. The best thing to do is to use a SD card reader to transfer data between the two.