USB Hard Disk/ Memory stick Support?

tim2

Apr 3, 2011
Not sure if it is supported or what I'm doing wrong. Have tried both a Hard disk (external power) and USB memory sticks without success. Any suggestions please?

On the latest firmware I think.

Thanks,

Tim.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Get a microSD card and go that route. Or use an app like dropbox.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Not sure if it is supported or what I'm doing wrong. Have tried both a Hard disk (external power) and USB memory sticks without success. Any suggestions please?

i tried both micro sd card port with a micro sd card and usb ports with both a external hard drive and a usb flash drive without issues. please follow dwc's three links with proper firmware upgrades. you will be happier.

Last edited:

tim2

Apr 3, 2011
flash drive without issues. please follow dwc's three links with proper firmware upgrades. you will be happier.

Which links? sorry... I was thinking of rooting to clear out some of the default apps - but not just yet ;-)

Of 4 USBs I have, I can read one (which I'd formatted and loaded Ubuntu source files). The others I have reformatted as fat32 with no luck.

Could this be an age/version related issue wrt the USBs? really wanted to use my USB hard drive but thought I'd start with an easy option ;-)

Thanks for the replies and help guys.

PS Versions: Kernel 2.6.32.9, Android 2.2-20110302 which I think are current.

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
tim2, I had to remove the links in my signature block because they were in violation of the forum policies. It was kind of embarrassing to have to be told since I did in fact read the rules, and then didn't think to look at them before I added them to my signature. Lesson learned: make sure you read the forum rules. I have moved the links to the WowPad and Proud! group and placed them in a thread for helpful tools and apps for the SuperPad/ SuperPad II. I will post them in here for you, but I encourage you to join the group if you are a a Wowpad owner, no matter what form factor you are operating. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/groups/14-wowpad-proud.html
If you own the SuperPad II (a.k.a. Flytouch 3) then use them in order. Do the update if you haven't already, then download the other two and follow directions in the third link to use the second link.
Deposit Files
This is one of the latest updates for the SuperPad II
[APP] z4root - xda-developers
This one is for the Z4root app.
http://thebelv.altervista.org/Flytou...flytouch3.html
This one tells you how to root your SuperPad.

Last edited:

tim2

Apr 3, 2011
Lol -Thanks. Will take a look over at the other forum. I've a SuperPad II... Cheers, Tim.

Last edited:

tim2

Apr 3, 2011
Hi thanks for your help so far. Just tried rooting but failed to enable usb debug aftrr installing launcher pro. Its missing from the settimgs menu :( Any ideas please?
Cheers.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Hi thanks for your help so far. Just tried rooting but failed to enable usb debug aftrr installing launcher pro. Its missing from the settimgs menu :( Any ideas please?
Cheers.

You have to long press an empty spot on your homescreen until a menu box pops up. Then select activities, then settings. Scroll down, development was the 60th down the list on mine. Just keeping scrolling til you see it, then select it and add it to the home screen. That's all there it is to it. :)

tim2

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks I was going in that direction, the guide (http://thebelv.altervista.org/Flytou...flytouch3.html)
states: Shortcuts>settings>development, then USB Debug... I don't get the dev option :( Tried activities as you suggested and no option either.
Thinking I'd root it, back it up then look at the various ROMs and firmware versions around. But fallen at the 1st ;-) Titanium won't work as no root access.

May be I'll just try a different firmware and see if the option appears, but thought mine were current: Versions: Kernel 2.6.32.9, Android 2.2-20110302

Thanks again :)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Thanks I was going in that direction, the guide (http://thebelv.altervista.org/Flytou...flytouch3.html)
states: Shortcuts>settings>development, then USB Debug... I don't get the dev option :( Tried activities as you suggested and no option either.
Thinking I'd root it, back it up then look at the various ROMs and firmware versions around. But fallen at the 1st ;-) Titanium won't work as no root access.

May be I'll just try a different firmware and see if the option appears, but thought mine were current: Versions: Kernel 2.6.32.9, Android 2.2-20110302

Thanks again :)

While that is not the most recent rom out there, I completed the root on that just as described. I don't know why it won't show up for you. Try another rom, supposedly there either is one or soon will be one that comes rooted "out of the box."

tim2

Apr 3, 2011
Sorry found it as you described, just had to dig a bit deeper late last night! Now rooted, backup and some of my usb memory is now working :) yet to try the hard disk again. Progress many thanks.

pavelbyers

May 27, 2011
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/groups/14-wowpad-proud.html
If you own the SuperPad II (a.k.a. Flytouch 3) then use them in order. Do the update if you haven't already, then download the other two and follow directions in the third link to use the second link.

I followed the wowpad directions as best I could. But my settings don't have a Development selection. My Super Pad II is a model version Disco build number FRF85B. Android 2.2-20110302

I updated as you called for but no way to turn on USB debugging so I can Root pad.