USB Help

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
Hi: I am using a ASUS Android tablet with all the updates installed...I have also installed several file managers...No matter what I try, I cannot get either file manager to find and recognize my flash usb thumb drive...I have tried reinserting it and rebooting, etc to no avail...Can someone suggest something else to try? Thanks a lot...

Steve

tardis

Dec 2, 2011
Hi: I am using a ASUS Android tablet with all the updates installed...I have also installed several file managers...No matter what I try, I cannot get either file manager to find and recognize my flash usb thumb drive...I have tried reinserting it and rebooting, etc to no avail...Can someone suggest something else to try? Thanks a lot...

Steve

You MUST have Android 3.0 or higher to recognize a usb thumb drive, or any USB device. This provides what is called "USB Host" support. Since you are up to day and have Android 3.0, try another device such as USB keyboard or memory card reader. Your Asus may not like that particular thumbdrive.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
When you open the file explorer, be sure to navigate up a level from the initial start point, then look for "removable storage," that should be the mount point for it. The ASUS seems different from other tablets I have used in that it does not identify it as MicroSD, SDCard, SDCard2 or USB the way all the other tablets do

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
You MUST have Android 3.0 or higher to recognize a usb thumb drive, or any USB device. This provides what is called "USB Host" support. Since you are up to day and have Android 3.0, try another device such as USB keyboard or memory card reader. Your Asus may not like that particular thumbdrive.

I can debunk the bit about needing honeycomb, my transcend flashdrive works fine on gingerbread with an OTG adaptor.

Sent from my slightly rooted Coby 7022