usb or midi piano keyboard

Feb 23, 2012
Hi all

It is great to see a forum just on the vizio tablet. I have a 24 track studio using an 88 key studiologic midi keyboard.
Right now I have to turn on the whole studio to try an idea. I am hoping I can hook up the studiologic to the vizio and run a piano app to make it easy.

Has anyone been successful doing this?

Thanks
steve

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I haven't tried this but you will probably need to root the Vizio at a minimum (well maybe not if you just need a piano app). The VTab is pretty skinned and locked down so it may not be the best option for a studio tablet option. Rooting it will definitely open up some opportunities but tablets that are fully open to rooting and custom ROMs may be your best bet if it is really important.

Otherwise, it can't hurt to try so let us know how it goes :)

Feb 23, 2012
I haven't tried this but you will probably need to root the Vizio at a minimum (well maybe not if you just need a piano app). The VTab is pretty skinned and locked down so it may not be the best option for a studio tablet option. Rooting it will definitely open up some opportunities but tablets that are fully open to rooting and custom ROMs may be your best bet if it is really important.

Otherwise, it can't hurt to try so let us know how it goes :)

But you didn't say impossible. That's encouraging. I'll have to see how to root the Grab and find out where To go from there.

Thanks

Steve