Ut oh.... aPad won't turn on

Discussion in 'Rockchip RK2808 Tablets' started by feverhost, Feb 4, 2011.

1. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    I charged my aPad lastnight, and when I tried to turn it on this morning.... nothing.

The red light stays on while the USB charger is plugged in, but once I remove it the light turns off. I've tried every combination to turn the device on, but it just will not start.

I also plugged in the mini-USB to see if my computer would detect it... but nope.

Any suggestions?

2. feverhost

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    Interesting when I plug in the USB charger (by the charger itself) there is a loud pitch humming noise.... ok so now... how do I open this thing up and take a look-sie?

Edit: This was quite easy to open up. Just placed a flat edge under the black hooding on the top of the tablet. Popped right off... i'll get my mini-screw driver once I get home.... and see if I can see anything.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  3. feverhost

Tablet / Device:
    Update.... the high pitch hum appears to be coming from the speakers....

4. feverhost

Tablet / Device:
    Problem fixed: Appears the LCD cable was loose... the inside of this tablet is poorly put together. Anyways.. re-attached and working!