Video App For Galaxy Tab 10.1

TBakerHR

Feb 5, 2012
I don't understand how it works. I have a few mp4's on my tab but the video player doesn't see them. Where should I keep my videos on my tab so the player can find them?

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Interesting problem. Can you see the videos using a file manager? which mediaplayer are you using?

TBakerHR

Feb 5, 2012
Yes I can see them using a file massager. I'm using the app that came with the tablet...called Video Player.

MrWareWolf

Mar 1, 2012
First in your explorer application go up as far up as possible, there you should see a link called /mnt touch this link. In here you should see /SD_card and maybe /USB_storage and /ext_sdcard for those with internal and external card readers. Open SD_card to see the INTERNAL storage. ext_card is the slot in your tablet. Obviosly, USB is whatever is plugged into your USB ports.. Some players use /mnt/sdcard/video, others even look in /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/video. It's all stupidly complicated for no apparent reason to users. The real reason is that it's 'open' and therefore anything is possible, and there is no standard.

The es file explorer (android mkt) will let you pick the video file from your network shares and then finally will launch the right player FOR you. I use Mirage (Beta) to play videos, get it from AppBrain.com. AppBrain is an excellent resource if you haven't seen it. Also bsplayer lite (android mkt) works really well but includes ads during pauses, in playlist, etc. I have a tegra2 tablet, but mirage works best with sw decoding usually.

Even these players cannot play a 720p mkv file on my Acer a500 tablet. Standard def files look great, and mp4's are flawless. So hopefully a code will alleviate this sometime soon. Dual core tablet should be able to do this..

rfielder

Apr 16, 2012
Even these players cannot play a 720p mkv file on my Acer a500 tablet.
I have just picked up a Samsung Galazy Tab 10.1, so I am late to the party and just learning how to do what.

Why won't this tablet play 720p mkv files smoothly? I have downloaded two different players, and they are both the same - jumpy/jerky playback, sometimes they say they can't play the file at all.

What makes this very puzzling to me is that I have a $69 el-cheapo 7" tablet that will play everything very smoothly. The junk tablet works well, but the Tier 1 tablet won't? What am I missing???

Might this change when ICS runs on the Tab 10.1? Or is this a hardware limitation?

Thanks!

jetlimaster

May 11, 2012
Sadly this is never gonna work and it is the Tegra 2 artitektor problem wich the manufacter ( lie or hide about).. the chip NEVER gonna decode comprimed mkv files.

last year im got asus transforme ,after 20 days of serching after player codex try fixing problem find the realy issue about the chip :=((
AnandTech - Boxee Box: The Inside Story, Swapping Tegra 2 for Intel CE4100 read if you dontbelive me :=)

that main reason tegra 3 coming..even the online stream gadget name Boxie neded replace tegra 2 aginst other chip,,it just coud not make the decoding in comprimade format,like we all normal peopeluse :=))

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I play 720p mkv files on my TF101 (Tegra2) smoothly using hardware decoding for the video, software for the audio using MX Player. Never had an issue.

Hmladner21

Jun 21, 2017
So...any one have an answer to the question as far as loadobf the video library in the factory video app .. without having to use file manager