Video format?? to Watch Movies

Discussion in 'Vizio Tablets' started by flowjo1200, Jul 1, 2012.

1. flowjo1200

flowjo1200 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    VTab1008
    I have asked this question in a previous thread that I can't find. What format can I format my videos to so I can save them on my SD Card and view on my tablet. I thought MP 4 was the best format! Someone was also telling the best software to get in order to convert my DVD so I can watch them on the table. Thanks in advance.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer Prime & TF700
    MP4 is pretty much a sure thing for watching movies. My personal preference is DVDCatalyst for conversions. You can find more info here.

DVD Catalyst
  3. DrHenley

DrHenley Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Vizio VTab1008, Motorola XYBoard 8.2,Idea Superpad V10,Google Nexus 7
    I use MCEBuddy to convert. It works as a background service - you just drop whatever you want converted into a folder and come back and check later. It will even convert WTV files. It first converts to MS-DVR and then converts that to whatever final format you choose. I generally convert to MP4.
    I highly recommend MX Video player. It will actually play WTV files directly without conversion, and has some really nifty features.
  4. MultimediaExpert

MultimediaExpert Junior Member

Sure. I also think that MP4 is the best format for watching movies. I recommend you to see a "best-tablet-converter.com" blog, you will find the answer.