Vizio Gorilla Glass

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I got the same screen protector, huge difference in glare and fingerprints, I agree the screen is a little grainy now but the benefits far outweigh the little difference in the screen.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
You said it feels like a piece of "rubber" is that really noticable or effect how your fingers slide across the screen?

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Remember after you install many screen protectors you need to clean them. The protective film that is on the screen protector until you install it may leave a residue and cause a sticky feeling when you first use them.

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
You said it feels like a piece of "rubber" is that really noticable or effect how your fingers slide across the screen?

Nope - have no issues with sliding - follow marvins advice and clean it once you have it installed

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Nope - have no issues with sliding - follow marvins advice and clean it once you have it installed

I agree, follow Marin02's advice (Marvin02 is da man!).

I actually prefer the feel with the protector screen than with the naked screen. No problems with rubbery feel for me.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
I rest my case. There's no way it can have gorilla glass and be so susceptible to scratches. Besides that's a big selling point they would exploit if it did.

LadyAngler

Nov 16, 2011
So this Randal fella that emailed me gave me the wrong information. I am going to give him an earful when I get back home from my Thanksgiving camping trip. Grrrr lol. Sorry guys about the misinformation.:-(

~¤~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~¤~

Nov 12, 2011
I bought a couple of "screen protectors" and had no luck applying them as they all came out with bubbles - this was true even of the one that came with the accessory kit that I bought at Sams Club -

I finally ordered one from Stealth Shieldz on fleabay. What lured me was their money back guarantee. I think I paid about $10.00 for two and they claim that their protectors meet military specs. blah blah blah. I followed the directions and still have their screen protector on - i no longer have issues with fingerprints and have no bubbles and the screen protector feels like a thin piece of "rubber" for lack of a better description. The quality of the image is barely altered and I am very happy with their product.

Just throwing another option out there.

Also - just did a check and the price has gone down it is now only $6.44 for two with free shipping - heck of a deal.. :)

Got a link, I can't find them
Thanks

shawnph

Nov 15, 2011
My Vizio fell about 3 feet today, in the Vizio case, flat on it's back and not a corner as far as I could tell. The corner of the glass broke off, with hairline cracks and glass continuing to chip off.

It's surprisingly thin glass, appears prety chincy and cheap even though the unit feels solid.

I won't buy another non-Gorilla glass tablet if I can help it.

bkaler

Oct 13, 2011
My Vizio fell about 3 feet today, in the Vizio case, flat on it's back and not a corner as far as I could tell. The corner of the glass broke off, with hairline cracks and glass continuing to chip off.

It's surprisingly thin glass, appears prety chincy and cheap even though the unit feels solid.

I won't buy another non-Gorilla glass tablet if I can help it.

Gorilla glass is still very susceptible to breaks from falls, it's only particularly resistant to scratches or direct impact, a drop resulting in a fall on one of the edges I hear is likely to break even gorilla glass. That said none of my devices I own are gorilla glass so it's only heresay.