Vizio tablet GPS

ardy

Feb 25, 2012
I have an 8" Vizio tablet. I cant get the GPS to work when I am on the road. The maps don't show up like a normal GPS. What do I need to get that working? Thanks for any help. Ardy

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
Welcome Ardy to the Vizio section for android tablet users
This topic is sort of covered by past posts. Which GPS device have you used? Your experience with Vizio is not the same as a cell phone nor a true GPS with satellite guidance. True satellite guidance uses a sensor and will go into a preset map and correlate to your location. When you are using Vizio you will have to have stored maps and hopefully using wifi can triangulate your location.

Palm PDAs use a bluetooth connector to a satellite sensing device. MAYBE there will be a satellite sensing device add on for Vizio to connect via bluetooth.

ardy

Feb 25, 2012
The Vizio is supposed to be a stand alone GPS using the satellites that all GPS's use. When I drive it seems to be tracking me but the maps don't show up. I downloaded a thing called WAZE that is supposed to be used for navigation, but it bombs on me. Is there another APP which will give me the maps I need? Thanks, Ardy

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
The Vizio is GPS capable, however in order for the GPS app to keep the maps updated it needs a data connection OR the maps loaded on to your SD card OR you need to load a map app like Navagon.
It took my Vizio about 8 min to get its first lock, 1 min every time after that. If your phone has wifi hot spot you can find it on your tablet and load maps as you go, Navagon cost between 30 and 40 dollars but it loads all the maps for the US on to your card and after that you don't need a data connection to use the GPS on your tablet.

ardy

Feb 25, 2012
Thanks Androidfonefan, I will try that App next. Somewhere you are supposed to click on an icon to thank people who have helped you but I cannot find it. So Thanks, Ardy