Wallpaper

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
I see in the new user manual there are instructions for changing wallpapers. I guess I'm dumb, but I can't figure 'um out

Anyone know how?
Thanks
Ken

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just a guess since I don't have the update but is it sort of a generic Honeycomb manual? Chances are that is how you would normally do it but wallpapers don't show in the app drawer which to my understanding is the only area you see the way Vizio set it up. You should be able to use an alternate launcher to have a home screens that can be wallpapered but it seems like whatever change Vizio made to remove the home screens is making it difficult to change those wallpapers too. I'm sure it will be figured out given a little time and effort.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
On gingerbread you could change wallpapers using quickpic gallery app and then restart your 3rd party launcher. I guess this will be the same on honeycomb... also for a real hc feeling there is a honeycomb launcher in the market iirc

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

pgarne01

Jan 30, 2012
User manual says to go to the home screen and select "Wallpaper" from the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner .. .. (also indicates this is where you add widgets and shortcuts as opposed to apps). Problem seems to be that icon isn't a menu but a shortcut to "Categories" where you can edit launcher pages and add more screens to "All Apps", "Recently Downloaded", "Favorites", like "Music", "Movies", "Utilities", etc.

If anyone gets this figured out, I'd like to hear about it. Am currently checking in with some Galaxy/Honeycomb users to see if this is a Vizio wrinkle on a stock implementation or just what .. ..

Aside, I've got to say that except for this mystery, I'm pretty pleased with Honeycomb. It's cleared up some problems in both Nook and Kindle apps, which is what I do most on my VTab.

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
What issues were you having with the Nook & Kindle Apps?
I haven't used the Nook app and the Kindle app always worked well (I didn't try changing settings much though).

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

pgarne01

Jan 30, 2012
Nothing really major as far as Kindle app was concerrned .. .. before Nook wouldn't "Go To Page". Both still a bit balky about returning to where I was from "Recently Used" but from "Notifications" is definitely cleaner.

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
As far as I know, if you are not using a third party launcher, the wallpaper only shows on the lock screen. To change the wallpaper, tap the battery icon, select 'view all settings' then 'personalize' then 'choose image'