WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, I got my Excel chart ready. I'll post tomorrow with the new 7-day data. Probably be a 650 difference by then!

-Matt

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok, so it looks like brewed coffee is at least 2-3x the caffine of regular soda. Tops spot appears to be Diet Pepsi Max then Diet Mt. Dew, Pepsi One, Mt. Dew/Mt Dew code red and on down from there. In general it looks like Pepsi has more caffine than Coke.

Source: Caffeine Content of Drinks

Thanks for the info. I thought dew would be at the top! Coffee has more caffeine? Time to switch back lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
wow....really? you got to 650 by posting a thread about the benefits of mountain dew vs coffee?? i am trying to decide if this OBVIOUS post count padding is simply nothing more than a cry for attention that y'all are better than the Hauwei ... OR ... if it is simply that all of the Huawei posts being so completely (and disturbingly deeply) technical is just a reflection of the fact that while S7 users are total geeks while Nook users have lives that exist beyond their gadgets....

Before you flame me, Matt show a brother some love here and point out that a)this is all in good fun b)I am adding to your post count and c) I have BOTH the Nook and the Huawei

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
wow....really? you got to 650 by posting a thread about the benefits of mountain dew vs coffee?? i am trying to decide if this OBVIOUS post count padding is simply nothing more than a cry for attention that y'all are better than the Hauwei ... OR ... if it is simply that all of the Huawei posts being so completely (and disturbingly deeply) technical is just a reflection of the fact that while S7 users are total geeks while Nook users have lives that exist beyond their gadgets....

Before you flame me, Matt show a brother some love here and point out that a)this is all in good fun b)I am adding to your post count and c) I have BOTH the Nook and the Huawei

Hey, if they aren't having fun over there...sucks to be them! LOL

Maybe you should suggest they buy a NC and come hang out with the cool kids.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes only the cool kids have the NC:cool: Plus caffeine is necessary in rooting and modding your NC:D We should put that in the rooting instructions sticky, lol

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011

Does this fall under 'trolling' or just plain harassment? I'm not clear on the policy of this forum. ;)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, gonna grab the reins and steer this thread back on course! And I have some news: please check out the OP, I've added a colorful chart to help follow our growth. :)

The count as of Friday 2/11/2010 at 6:09 PM (ET)

$Clipboard02.jpg

Huawei = 5771 posts -- Post rate since last update = (5771 - 5171)/7 = 86 posts/day
Nook = 5114 posts -- Post rate since last update = (5114 - 3923)/7 = 170 posts/day
Archos = 1809 posts -- Post rate since last update = (1809 - 1722)/7 = 12 posts/day
Samsung = 839 posts -- Post rate since last update = (839 - 779)/7 = 9 posts/day

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
OK, gonna grab the reins and steer this thread back on course! And I have some news: please check out the OP, I've added a colorful chart to help follow our growth. :)

The count as of Friday 2/11/2010 at 6:09 PM (ET)

View attachment 1198

Huawei = 5771 posts -- Post rate since last update = (5771 - 5171)/7 = 86 posts/day
Nook = 5114 posts -- Post rate since last update = (5114 - 3923)/7 = 170 posts/day
Archos = 1809 posts -- Post rate since last update = (1809 - 1722)/7 = 12 posts/day
Samsung = 839 posts -- Post rate since last update = (839 - 779)/7 = 9 posts/day

Incredible work!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Does this fall under 'trolling' or just plain harassment? I'm not clear on the policy of this forum. ;)
It's all good. Peter just has a--how can I say this?--a sense of humor that not everybody gets. He's got a good point though...we have many really good posts, and then we have some deep sociopolitical discussion on the cultural ills (and concomitant health effects, medical costs, etc.) of caffeine addiction. ;)

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Incredible work!
Yeah, I feel pretty guilty that I've been slacking the last several days. Missed you guys sorely. :(

But I ran the latest Honeycomb on our precious yesterday and that definitely lifted my spirits.

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, I feel pretty guilty that I've been slacking the last several days. Missed you guys sorely. :(

But I ran the latest Honeycomb on our precious yesterday and that definitely lifted my spirits.

-Matt

Well glad to see you are still kickin, and correlating data! Was beginning to wonder if you were over on the other forums trying to boost their numbers.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Well glad to see you are still kickin, and correlating data! Was beginning to wonder if you were over on the other forums trying to boost their numbers.
Nah, despite my sarcastic comments about work yesterday...truth is I'm in catch-up mode. So for now it's work--interspersed with coffee-breaks--rather than the other way around. :( I'd rather spend my time here!

Speaking of data, something that caught my eye is how the Archos and Samsung plots are nearly parallel. I wonder if there's some kind of practical marketing or industry observation to be made there.

OH CRAP, I just had a flash: know what we should do?...design a crawler/webbot that visits forum pages looking for words that suggest the user is having problems with the device! It'd be a very good way to estimate lemon rates, I bet (like how Google uses search times like "cold" and "flu" to estimate spread of infection, or how Facebook can predict the timing of your breakup!).

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Very kewl idea Matt...or it could simply mean that the bulk of the Archos and Samsung tech ppl's are on another site (I certainly don't know why...this place kicks arse)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Very kewl idea Matt...or it could simply mean that the bulk of the Archos and Samsung tech ppl's are on another site (I certainly don't know why...this place kicks arse)
Well, my first introduction to the world of device forums was archosfans.com. What a super site, and excuse me for saying this (I think the Canadians here will know what I mean) but since it's a site with lots of Europeans on it, it's actually a pleasant place to visit. Everyone is polite and respectful. Many U.S. forums (IMHO) seem to turn into troll villages (Peter's earlier comment notwithstanding!). I can't say how happy and pleased I am that virtually no vicious flame wars have erupted in our forum!

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
This place is nirvana compared to say...the XDA forums. They are brutal over there at times. I really do like the atmosphere here, and jokin with you guys (and gals), helping new peeps, and seeing what trouble I can get myself into with my favorite device.