What's the best tablet for me? I need advice. :D

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by KSR, Jan 29, 2011.

1. KSR

KSR Member

Tablet / Device:
    DROID X
    Well as the title says, I have never owned a Android tablet before and I'm looking for which one would be best for me... :) I'd like your help as I don't know too much about the tablets, besides them being totally awesome. xD

I have had Android smartphones for well over two years now (both the Motorola DROID and the Motorola DROID X that I happily own now from Verizon) so I am pretty used to the operating system and apps as a whole... :)

Things I Want in a Tablet
    - I want a screen no smaller than 7" but no bigger than 10".
    - I'd really like for it to have at least the one rear-facing camera.
    - NEEDS to come pre-installed with "Market" so I won't have to go through all the trouble of the app workarounds.
    - At least 16GB of internal space and the ability of an external SD card.
    - Capacitive touchscreen, please.
    - 3.5mm headphone jack.
    - Kickstand would be liked, but not required.
    - The ability to use some Android home replacement apps such as GO Launcher, Launcher Pro, etc.
    - Wifi compatible.

Things I Want to Use the Tablet For
    - Note taking. I have apps on my DROID X (i.e.Easy Note, InkPad, My Notes... etc) and I'd like to take the same sort of "personal notes" on the bigger screen".
    - Media. Not so much music, but I want to view both movies and photos on this tablet.
    - eBooks. I'd like to be able to read books and maybe get an app I have on my phone called "Manga Browser" for reading manga.
    - Social Networking. Facebook, Twitter, Myspace... All those good things.
    - Gaming. I'd like casual gaming as well, such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Abduction!, Robo Defense... etc).
    - Internet. As quick or quicker than my smartphone is.

I'd like to spend about $400-500 or less and I'd prefer if I could pick the tablet up in a store as I am a little skeptic in buying online (but I am willing to as a last resort).

I appreciate any help you can give in telling me some tablets to further research. :)

2. alcassetta

alcassetta Member

Tablet / Device:
    A8 Corte Pad
    Haven't seen one with the specs you want, closest would me Notion Adam which has front & rear camera, no google app market on any tablets come pre-installed until Android 2.3 or 3.0 come out for tablets,in next few months, good luck

3. KSR

KSR Member

Tablet / Device:
    DROID X
    It doesn't have to have all my specs, but those are just the suggested few I'd truly love and a few can go missing if the device is an altogether great tablet. I've never owned one yet and I'm looking for a good one as my first. I'll definitely look into the Nortion Adam so thanks for the suggestion. ^.^

4. TabletUser

TabletUser Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid X
    Motoroloa Xoom!!!

5. KSR

KSR Member

Tablet / Device:
    DROID X
    The Motorola Xoom looks absolutely AMAZING but I don't want to pay such a steep price for this item, which is the whole reason for my disgust of the iPad. While it looks incredible, I am not willing to pay over $500 max for a tablet. Not as my first one anyway. I have been looking into the "eLocity A7" for a few hours now and it seems pretty cool, especially with it's upgrade that adds the Android Market.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  6. shakshak1

shakshak1 Member

I'm doing the same search for a while now and reached a good tablet Viewsonic ViewPad 10, pls have a look on it and give me your feedback. You can buy it from Amazon for about 370$ (w/o GPS option)