Why wont my tablet update to DG2.2 ??

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
I go into update and it says there is an update...no matter how many times I try after it all finishes I still only have DG2.02.

Help what am I doing wrong?

Cindi

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I go into update and it says there is an update...no matter how many times I try after it all finishes I still only have DG2.02.

Help what am I doing wrong?

Cindi

Not doing anything wrong, the automatic update process does NOT work on DG2.02. User's have been using this method to update http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html. After updating to DG2.20 the automatic update process still does NOT work. Even after manually updating the Update check will report "Able to update" but all it does is download the same update files used in the manual method which don't automatically update.

Hmm..Maybe a hardware problem. If you can exchange it still, do it

It's a software programming problem. Automatic updates fail, manually updating works.

The device can be returned to Digital Gadgets which may send an updated tablet, however those devices seem to have the same software problem and fail to automatically update.

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
Thank you, I have sent an email to DG...hope they respond.
Hi cindigirl, I emailed them over a week ago about returning my tablet and still no answer. Best bet is keep calling support.
Or read the stickys here about updating by manual. After updating mine and rooting it I am happy for my $99 spent. They only reason I'd like to have them swap mine was to get the HDMI slot one.
Good luck with contacting them:)

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
Im not the up on doing the manual thing...I would if I could understand it all. And from what I read, I have Win7 and you cant manually upgrade to 2.2. Am I right? If not please post a very, very simple detailed way to do it. Thank you.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
If you have Windows 7 64 bit , it will not install due to the drivers being incompatible.
You will have to use a Vista or XP 32 bit machine.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
where do you live Cindigirl? If you send me 1 micro SD 2 gig card and 1 SASE.... I will wrap the IMG onto it for you. no charge. then you can keep that card as a fail safe to return to DG2.20 if anything happens.
PM me.

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
stOne I messaged you back..read your message and email me and I will send you my street address. And you can send me yours...I live in Massachusetts Thanks!

Last edited:

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
where do you live Cindigirl? If you send me 1 micro SD 2 gig card and 1 SASE.... I will wrap the IMG onto it for you. no charge. then you can keep that card as a fail safe to return to DG2.20 if anything happens.
PM me.

That is very decent of you to do for Cindigirl. I gave you thanks for that. :)

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I was afraid she was in Denmark or something. I don't wanna do any international mailing these days. lol

if there's anyone else that has Win7-64bit I will do the same.

Last edited:

novadar

Mar 26, 2011
I agree with CliffordTrue. Very decent and cool thing to do. It sort of reminds me of the scene around Moding Playstations and the like. There is an established process in that "world" of folks who will take the PS Memory Cards and burn exploits on them for folks who cannot or do not want to do a Mod Chip.

st0ne, you rock!

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Stop you guys make me blush. it ain't pretty. i have all the stuff set up on a Vista Laptop. it takes 5 mins to burn it and 5 mins to test it. I got 10 mins at least once a day to help out others that were in my fix. I have gotten so much out of this site... why wouldn't I help out?

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
Thought you guys would like to read the email I just had from DigitalGadgets. They didnt say I couldnt post this so here goes, I have removed the phone/return email.

"Hi Cindi,

Sorry about the delay in response.

In regards to the 2.2 update, the DG 2.2 update it is not available for
"over-the-air" update yet. There are still a few kinks that the android
team would like to work out. Please be patient for the auto-update. The
system knows that 2.2 exists however it is not ready to be released yet.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Cindi!

Jeff Chu
DIGITALGADGETS
Jeff Chu |Customer Service "

So there you have it our tablets know there is a update (DG2.2) but cant except it. Always wonder when they say they are "working on it" if they really are.
Whatever...due to a guardian angel here I will be getting my update.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Cindi,
I regularly talk to the guys at DG through emails and phone calls.
We will not be getting the full Android 2.2, merely features of it and they had promised it back in Janurary but have failed to deliever. Don't count on them, this community has done more work than they have.