Will the new 7" Acer Iconia have GPS?

rob125

Jul 24, 2011
Acer just put out a press release a few days ago saying that their 7" inch tablet is on the shelves!

Press

For just $300 it sounds great, but the Acer website does not say whether or not it comes with a built-in GPS. Many websites list specs which say that this will have a GPS...but some sites say that it won't. And the official Acer website ignores this matter.

Does anyone know if it really will include a GPS?

Also, what stores will carry it? I checked around, and it seems that at the moment, no one in the USA really does have it "on the shelves".

Robert

Danny727

Aug 10, 2011
I would also like to know this, I would buy now if it does, like everything else about it but I would need gps, not a bluetooth setup, but internal.Thanks for any help.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
If it does have a GPS.... will it be as poorly executed as the GPS on the 10" Acer Iconia?

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
Yup, it has GPS. I just picked one up at Walmart. See below. I just unboxed it and set it up. Will provide feedback once I have had a chance to mess with it for a while.

I got mine at Wal-Mart for 328 with a 50 Gift card. The store near me only had 2 left when I got there and the guy said they just put them out this morning.

photo.jpg

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
Got mine @ Wally's too..only one they had (and electronics manager didn't even know it existed, let alone there was an ad and a $50 GC about it)...it's MUCH lighter (as you'd expect) than the A500..I can see using it in bed more than the A500, as well as the fact it's PERFECT for in-car use. :D The GPS is similar to the A500, it needed a helper, which came by my Wifi hotspot from my TMO Sensation.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My Local Wallmart has them, but I am concerned about battery life. I was ready to buy when I read it only has a smaller battery than my S7 and I had to replace it because I could barely eek out 4 hours of battery life from it. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. My Galaxy Tab 7" gets about 6.5 hours and I this often JUST gets me through the day.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

aldrin

Aug 12, 2011
How do I see my SD card on my tablet I have a Acer iconia a501

Sent from my A501 using Android Tablet Forum

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
How do I see my SD card on my tablet I have a Acer iconia a501

Sent from my A501 using Android Tablet Forum

Sort of OT, but /mnt/external_sd. Use a file manager to create a shortcut for your desktop.:)

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
I just played with one at walmart and it does have gps - pretty sharp tablet!

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum