Words with Friends won't sync (?) on my Samsung Galaxy tab

Kikiapolis

Feb 20, 2012
I've seen a lot of people post questions about this but nobody seems to have the answer.

I play Words with Friends on my Droid Bionic smartphone. I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 and downloaded (updgraded, because the App actually comes with the tablet) Words with Friends. It asked me to login so I had to come up with a password, which I never had to do on my phone. The game opens but I don't see any of the games on my tablet that are currently in progress on my phone. I did sync my Facebook contacts to see if that made a difference but it doesn't. This is a pretty basic necessity. I can't believe that Words with Friends is impossible to sync with existing games! Does anyone have suggestions?

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
If you never created a password on the phone, how did you log in to WWF? I set up my account initially on phone, then logged on to tablet. Games are all there...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Kikiapolis

Feb 20, 2012
I rarely have to login to Apps when I download them to my phone (except for things like Netflix, but then the login info is remembered after the first time). What kind of tablet do you have, sherri64?

Feb 14, 2012
iI can't even open Words with Friends on my Slider. Anyone know the reason? Is it because the game is not compatible with my slider? Because there was a message stating that Skype version was not up to date, is this correlated and are there any solutions?

<3pete

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Tablet Forum

fichmir

May 22, 2012
From your phone's Words With Friends ap, goto settings, then account. Then you must simply enter in a password. Use this newly created password now on your tablet.

Kikiapolis

Feb 20, 2012
From your phone's Words With Friends ap, goto settings, then account. Then you must simply enter in a password. Use this newly created password now on your tablet.

I tried this but then it also made me enter my email address and then it said "Oops, that email is already in use". I do get Words on my Nook Tablet and maybe I registered using that email address and Words only let's you use it on one device? I have no idea why I can't get Words on all three of my devices so that they all synch.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It should allow it on multiple devices. When I started it up I was asked for my email address. After entering it I was prompted for my password for the account. Be sure you are not trying to register a new account.

I have the same WWF on my Tablet and my iP*one.

benltan

Jun 13, 2012
Hi there,

I have a workaround solution for this problem. Unfortunately, when you download the app from the market it recognises that you are using a tablet. There is currently a different tablet version which you cannot comnect to Facebook with. What I did was to take a backup on my phone using Titanium Backup. I then transferred the files to my tablet and restored the app and data. I then had a working copy of the app which syncs with Facebook.

It's a little bit irritating, but it does mean that I can play Words with Friends on my tablet now.

Hope this helps!