101 Screen Protectors?

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I thought I would start a thread about screen protectors for the 101. I would prefer people post about products that have been used. I really need to get a screen protector and am not not sure what the best one is. Thanks.

Here are a couple I came across just doing a quick search:

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/productCatalog/getProduct.do?poid=3111&pbmId=18356

http://www.skinomi.com/archos-101-screen-protector.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EXKCYI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004EXODES&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1R861SAXKWWFRK3FGCRA

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I went cheap and used a cut out from a 20 inch screen protector. I figured, I could fit my A81-e, my 101 and my A5/500 for under $15 from Microcenter. In a nutshell BAD Idea. I think I can point to three causes of the fail.
1. Measure 3x cut once. The edge is uneven on one side by just 1mm. and it is obvious to me. It also causes it to be harder to apply correctly
2. Install when you get the tablet. The screen will be cleaner than after you have applied a weeks worth of fingerprints. This results in bubbles and harder to apply consistently due to microscopic particles you missed
3. Make sure you are in a low dust area, One tiny piece of dander can mean minutes of reset and frustration.

That stated, I ordered a skinomi now for my 101 having learned my lesson. Waiting on it now.

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
I saw the Skinomi one on Amazon for 10 bucks. I want one too. mine has so many fingerprints on it already. What about an anti glare one do they make one from Skinomi for 10 bucks. I see that Javoedge makes one for 14.95 anyone tried that one? I want one made for the Archos that I don't have to cut. And that one is 29.95 so maybe I'll do Skinomi too..

Last edited:

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Just installed the one on this page today. It seems to work OK so far.

All Accessories for my Archos 101

Edit:
Day 2 ... Cleans easy. Have had no touch issues, and did a lot of things last night with it. Played for about 3 hours.

Last edited:

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Got my Skinomi today. Here are a couple pics:

8aad4352.jpg

807260de.jpg

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
UPDATE: I was able to install my Skinomi fine. It goes on just like the the Zagg products. Very sticky so you need to be careful when applying. Overall worth the $10 a spent.

sporlando

Jan 4, 2011
I thought I would start a thread about screen protectors for the 101. I would prefer people post about products that have been used. I really need to get a screen protector and am not not sure what the best one is. Thanks.

Here are a couple I came across just doing a quick search:

JAVOedge - Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Archos 101

Skinomi TechSkin - Archos 101 Screen Protector

Amazon.com: Lexerd - Archos 101 Internet Tablet TrueVue Anti-Glare Laptop Screen Protector: Electronics

Genuine Leather Case with stand for Archos 101 - Archos Accessories

traderfl

Apr 7, 2011
I have had my Archos 101 since day one, just wanted to share my experience. I found a couple of screen protectors that do well for my 101, and they are not the "military/helicopter blade" ones, they are the PET material which has a layer of silicone on it for smooth sliding and scrolling, the other ones tend to have your fingers stick when scrolling. I purchased the following ones from a company named Aurum and have been very happy with them you can get them from Amazon. They even have the Arnova screen protector.

Link to check them out:
Amazon.com: Aurum: Electronics

samhastie

Feb 17, 2012
There's definitely not a best screen protector imo. It depends on your preferences. Some have slightly different features/touch sensitivity that others do not. I'd suggest looking through Amazon for one. They have a variety of options with reviews