2.3.3 System to 3.0 on Coby Kyros 8125 possible??

careycrews

Nov 17, 2011
Hi All,
I have a Coby Kyros 8125 running factory 2.3.3.
I installed the Full Android market and running fine.
My problem is I cant get the Netflix App to download into my tablet from the Netflix site, Android Market or Amazon App's store.
Netflix says they dont support all tablets running 2.3.3 (which is the lowest version their system will support) and days I would have to update my OS
System higher than 2.3.3.

I'd like to update my 2.3.3 system to anything higher to be able to run Netflix...

Any way to do it?
If so can someone please post the step by stem instructions or a link to tutorial...Please :)

Thank You in Advance!

Dec 25, 2011
Gonna go ahead and re-ask the title question: can you upgrade the 8125 to Android 3.0? I'm new to Android , but a quick learnerr and willing to root and whatnot.

careycrews

Nov 17, 2011
Netflix ver. 1.2.1 worked...Finally!!!!!!! (Coby Kyros 8125 2.3.3 - Non-Rooted)
K...now who wants to direct me to a link or tutorial on upgrading mu OS to 2.3.4 or 2.3.3 Gingerbread?

Huge Thanks...Love this forum!!!

trash

Dec 27, 2011
Hi All,
I have a Coby Kyros 8125 running factory 2.3.3.
I installed the Full Android market and running fine.

Well, since you are the last one I read that did this think (installing Android Market) could you tell me which procedure you followed and which version of files you used (possibly with links for downloading them)?
I read a lot of systems to install Android Market and I don't know which one is the best to use...
If you have also installed Calendar syncronization and give me instruction for this I'll be grate to you.

Thanks!
Trash

trash

Dec 27, 2011
I read a lot of systems to install Android Market and I don't know which one is the best to use...
If you have also installed Calendar syncronization and give me instruction for this I'll be grate to you.
2.jpg

Are you asking the same thing or what? o__0

Slowflyer

Jan 11, 2012
I would like to know if the MID 8125 can be upgraded to 3.0 also. I did get net flixs to run on my unit last night. i am not sure of the version.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I would like to know if the MID 8125 can be upgraded to 3.0 also. I did get net flixs to run on my unit last night. i am not sure of the version.

There is no answer for this cause there is no 3.0 been released by Coby yet. I just got my 8125 yesterday. Rooted added my recovery changed boot.img added market and such seems like nice tablet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can you explain how you do that?
Thanks
Trash

Once I release my recovery on ktz I will include instructions on what to do.

below are a few pics of recovery, just wait for forum to be ready to post instruction,

you need adb and fastboot installed and working, you flash the recovery and boot.img through fastboot then you install a zip file through recovery that roots and adds market.

Last edited: