2.3 OS on Rooted 7015 - how?

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
Hey everyone, been gone for a bit but I'm back with another question.

As the title implies, I would like to get the Gingebread 2.3.1 OS working on my rooted 7015. All I want to do is watch Netflix on it, so if there is an easier way, please tell me.

I did read the ktz forum but I'm having the hardest time figuring out there instruction. So if anyone has done it, would you please post a simple/detailed description on how you got it to work.

Thanks for the time!
Joey

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It seems that the latest Netflix app from Market works if you have Flash installed. Did you try this first?

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
No I havent. Ill give it a try and see if it works.

Thanks
Joey

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I can't get Netflix to play even with the flash player updated.

I'm having the worst time upgrading to 2.3os in order to have Netflix.

I posted another thread asking for help in the general section but after 120 views, I still have no response from anyone who has updated their 7015 to 2.3os.

If you have, how did you get your tablet to go into FWDN mode? I press power and home at the same time and it locks in the loading screen...

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
turn off Tablet
Press Power+Home at the same time
Tablet will go into FWDN Mode
to use FWDN you must have the VTC drivers on your pc for it to work and flash to 2.3.1 or 2.3.3
and also adb drivers for pc like (pdanet)

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
turn off Tablet
Press Power+Home at the same time
Tablet will go into FWDN Mode
to use FWDN you must have the VTC drivers on your pc for it to work and flash to 2.3.1 or 2.3.3
and also adb drivers for pc like (pdanet)

Tnx for the response.

Ok now, the only problem that I have is that I do exactly as you say - I will turn on the table while also holding "home" and the tablet doesn't show anything that tells ne it is in FWDN mode.

Isn't there supposed to be blue letters that appear on the left lower corner, letting me know that it is in FWDN mode?

I do have both drivers for the update. I downloaded them from the KTZ links. I have them for both the 32bit and 64bit hardware and neither pc nor laptop shows anything different.

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to point out everything I can think of.

All I want is Netflix on my 7015, thats all lol.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
make sure your NOT connected to your PC when doing this

Gotcha.
Should I see some kind of tell-tale sign that let's me know its on FWDN mode? Cause I don't see it.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
the blue letters
i have 2 questions for you
1-did you try using FWDN Mode on tablet before to flash the image? Now you try to boot into FWDN Mode you have a Black Screen?
2- Can you boot into Fastboot power off then press and hold power+menu?

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
the blue letters
i have 2 questions for you
1-did you try using FWDN Mode on tablet before to flash the image? Now you try to boot into FWDN Mode you have a Black Screen?
2- Can you boot into Fastboot power off then press and hold power+menu?

I have not been able to see any blue letters, therefore I never used the FWDN mode to do anything with the tablet. I'm sorry but what are you referring to as "Fastboot"? How do I get to "fastboot"?

Believe it or not I'm somewhat smart when it comes to android and linux, but for some reason this tablet is kicking my butt lol.
Tnx for the help btw.

Joey

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
can you boot up the coby like if you going to use it? or you just cant get into FWDN mode.

question number 2 tells you hold power+menu (turn off tablet first) if it goes into fast boot then there might something wrong with the home button.

another way to see if it goes into FWDN while tablet is on press reset then hold home button

if you have CWM installed you can either press reset and then hold silver button or turn off tablet and hold power+silver button

im just asking to see if the other buttons are working.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
can you boot up the coby like if you going to use it? or you just cant get into FWDN mode.

question number 2 tells you hold power+menu (turn off tablet first) if it goes into fast boot then there might something wrong with the home button.

another way to see if it goes into FWDN while tablet is on press reset then hold home button

if you have CWM installed you can either press reset and then hold silver button or turn off tablet and hold power+silver button

im just asking to see if the other buttons are working.

I can turn on the Kyros and use it normally. I can also go into "fastboot" mode(I just always called it "clockwork" mode) and do any updates and stuff.

What happens when I press power+home, with the tablet off, it will go into the first screen that always comes up with the COBY logo and the info on the top-left corner, and it will just freeze on it.

What do u think?