For those who want to go back to the basic "Out the Box Setup" Yep back to 2.1!!

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I wonder why people ignore my posts...

nothing is wrong.
if you are using lk.rom for Gpad701, size of FAT area is 3.2GB. but you need to use kernel for Gpad701.
if you are using lk.rom for Lonpad D7, size of FAT area is 2.7GB. and you can use kernel for Kyros MID7015 in COBY's update.zip.
if you changed lk.rom from one to another, you need to create proper size NAND Data.fai.
we can't modify lk.rom so we can't change partition size of FAT area.

gorkypah

May 31, 2011
I wonder why people ignore my posts...

nothing is wrong.
if you are using lk.rom for Gpad701, size of FAT area is 3.2GB. but you need to use kernel for Gpad701.
if you are using lk.rom for Lonpad D7, size of FAT area is 2.7GB. and you can use kernel for Kyros MID7015 in COBY's update.zip.
if you changed lk.rom from one to another, you need to create proper size NAND Data.fai.
we can't modify lk.rom so we can't change partition size of FAT area.

so what's the right way to flash it?

1. flash lonpad lk.rom, reset, flash lonpad mtd image only, reset, factory restore, install coby's update.zip, reset
2. flash gpad's lk.rom, reset, low format nand data for 4g, reset, profit?

Would you then have correct nand and bootable Coby Kyros OEM ROM? I would test it myself, but I'm sticking to 2.3.1 now. Crazy accelerometer and few bugs don't make me wanna downgrade back to 2.1. Plus I can stream Netflix now.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
so what's the right way to flash it?

1. flash lonpad lk.rom, reset, flash lonpad mtd image only, reset, factory restore, install coby's update.zip, reset
2. flash gpad's lk.rom, reset, low format nand data for 4g, reset, profit?

Would you then have correct nand and bootable Coby Kyros OEM ROM? I would test it myself, but I'm sticking to 2.3.1 now. Crazy accelerometer and few bugs don't make me wanna downgrade back to 2.1. Plus I can stream Netflix now.

right way was posted several times by several people :(
1. flash lonpad lk.rom, reboot into FWDN, flash lonpad mtd.img and self-created NAND Data.fai, reboot into recovery, install COBY's update.zip
2. flash gpad lk.rom, reboot into FWDN, flash gpad mtd.img and self-created NAND Data.fai, reboot, use as is

I don't know "Coby Kyros OEM ROM". I know Gpad701 2.3.1 ROM (someone just copied in closed forum), but I'm using 2.3.3 ROM (which has non-branded lk.rom boot splash, no mod) so I don't know so much about 2.3.1 ROM.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
if you want 3.2GB FAT area and COBY's system, try this
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8902/rom/GPAD701-7015-2.1.zip

it's lk.rom/kernel from Gpad701 + system from COBY's 1.6a update.zip + latest ClockworkMod Recovery image.
unzip and flash via FWDN. refer FWDN how to
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets

kernel is not COBY's so I don't guarantee it's 100% same as COBY's 1.6a. I just made it, not tested well.
please use with care.

Last edited:

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8902/rom/GPAD701-7015-2.1.zip

it's lk.rom/kernel from Gpad701 + system from COBY's 1.6a update.zip + latest ClockworkMod Recovery image.
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets

kernel is not COBY's so I don't guarantee it's 100% same as COBY's 1.6a. I just made it, not tested well.
please use with care.

WOW, just amazing, Fun! Will try this right now, I decided to go back to 2.1 a couple of days ago, but I have some spare time and I'm goinna test CM7, too. Thanks for the help. About CM7 well... that's going on in another forum :p

Last edited:

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
I don't know "Coby Kyros OEM ROM". I know Gpad701 2.3.1 ROM (someone just copied in closed forum), but I'm using 2.3.3 ROM (which has non-branded lk.rom boot splash, no mod) so I don't know so much about 2.3.1 ROM.

Which 2.3.3 ROM are you using? is it compatible with Coby 7015 and your CM7? Sorry for the off-topic.

Joel_Miller

Mar 24, 2011
http://androtab.info/files/tcc8902/r...1-7015-2.1.zip

please use with care.

That site no longer has those files. Does anyone have a copy of those files?

Last edited:

Rapcom

Feb 12, 2012
I have searched the threads and found nothing that can help me or I didn't understand the thread. I'm more a hardware guy than programming. I bought a Flytouch 6 Mid 2.3 android and the original owner deleted a lot of stuff including word, ppt, google maps, ect. I would like to restore this back to factory settings with the bells and whistles. Could some one help me with this.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
MOST IMPORTANTLY: you need to look in the forum for your specific tablet! Flashing the wrong or an incompatible ROM can brick your device, possibly irrecoverably!!

Goodluck.

Sent from my KYROS 7015 using Android Tablet Forum