3.2.1 Update

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
My A500 just prompted an update to Android 3.2.1 (Build ACER_A500_7.011.03_COM_GEN1)

It was a pretty small update that didn't take long. The Market looks different, and I can now view it in portrait mode. I have no idea what else has changed. According to a thread on acertabletforum, someone has reported faster browsing and better wifi signals. I don't do much browsing so can't confirm that either way, and my wifi signal has always been good.

You know, as much as I hate iTunes and some of the other problems with my iPad, at least I get the chance to read what is being changed before having to make a decision as to whether I want to change or not.

Would it kill the developers to include an update readme option along with the update prompt so that people can make an informed choice? Hell, at this point I'd settle for one I could read after it's been installed.

Brian

Grug

Aug 15, 2011
I got 3.2.1 on my A500 tablet but my wife has A501 and no update showing yet on that. Country Australia

The update is only about 7 mb but it installs to nearly complete then stops for a very long time...just be patient with it and wait. When the tablet reboots it also takes a long time to first get back to start screen but then everything is ok.

The Apps market looks very similar to the Windows 8 Tablet screen style without as many spaces in between tiles. Media server updated from version 2.00.0068 to 2.00.0069 but I could not see any difference.

I have read other improvements have to do with security, language settings and wifi stability...maybe it might fix some other peoples wifi problems but I have never had any issues with wifi (I always configured my home wifi router so it was on channel 11 that no-one else nearby was on)

Web browser is only slightly quicker on media websites, otherwise everything seems the same. 3.2.1 still does not recognise a USB modem unfortunately. (I have not rooted tablet)

Photo attached of new app store look..

$tablet.jpg

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Has either of you guys been able to test the microphone to see if they upped its volume?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Has either of you guys been able to test the microphone to see if they upped its volume?
Icebike, the update came through on Thursday for me. As yet I have not been able to determine what has been updated or not. The wifi, well, as you know, I haven't had any problems. I'll check the msrket ant see the diffs.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The market display is very different - everything seems larger. Also the update screen is significantly different as well. I'll give you running commentary as things go. So far so good.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Do any of you know where we can parouse a "whats new in 3.2.1?" Like you guys I haven't had any real problems even with wifi. I see no difference in wifi strength.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
The wifi problem had to do with dropout and not strength.
I'm sure some had it and never noticed it.
I became aware of it because an online game kept refreshing every 15 seconds or so.
And that market app has been available for a while, just wasn't an Acer update till now.
found the following on another site.

• Google Update: Android 3.2.1: Security enhancement
  • New Feature: Supernote
  • IME/Translation: Added Farsi IME support; Czech IME improvement : support Qwerty & Qwertz; JP SKU fixed translation bug and Polaris office font; Added more language translation into ASUS App
  • App Updates: CN SKU 3rd party app bug fix; Polaris office & ASUS WebStorage update
  • Improvements: Browser with Adobe Flash improvement; ex: YouTube; Browser force-close improvement; Improve Wi-Fi stability; Improve Chinese handwriting prediction : recognize character from each stroke

Last edited: