4.3 mini Pocket Droid

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
I do not recommend this firmware (Universal WM8650 Uberoid v11beta3). There are problems with the charge. The screen is shifted by 2-3 pixels to the right and up. Flickering is not completely removed. Fonts on the desktops are very small and not adjusted. Root access is periodically fall off. Screen contrast considerably dropped (problems with the video driver).

jamespoo

Jan 17, 2011
I just got my PocketDroid 4.3 tablet running android 2.2 . It is better than I expected. I was surprised that it plays games so well. The rockchip based Ramos T11A had great problem, so slow:rolleyes:. Therefore the processor is faster that rockchip. It also has access to the Market as well as the App market. My first 7 inch VIA tablet had no access to the market and App market was in Chinese, so i had to side load apps. The manual was in English and made sense which is a first.:)
Thankfully they have got rid of that horrible bulky 24 connecter:D. It has cable with connectors instead. it connects to the wifi, but have not taken it outdoors yet. Unlike the first VIA 7 inch tablets, you connect via dongle to 3G.
So far I am impressed. I will using it as an Ebook reader.
So you buy it for your kids, teenagers as a cheaper alternative to the ipod touch. If I have any updates i keep you posted.

your so right its a great tablet pc i own a yellow one same one just yellow and it runs everything so well and only $59USD :)

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
Here's a link to the fresh Market http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/1329390/vending_3.4.4.apk.
Only for the correct operation will have to do this:

A. Fixing the Market:
1) Settings → Applications → Application Management → All → Market ("Clear Cache" and then 'Stop' - do not press the "Clear Data")
2) Return → Google Services Framework ("Erase Data" and then 'Stop')
3) Reload
4) Run Market
5) Repeat steps 1 -3.

B. Accelerating Market - Market - 4PDA

C. In any case - The overall theme of the market - Android Market -

I do not know about the memory allocation in Uberoid. I deleted it because of problems with the screen and battery.

Be careful and accurate with the power button. She is very delicate. I broke down and now I'm turn on tablet with a toothpick : D Now I'm looking for a replacement for broken button.

1. Angry Birds - Angry Birds - 4PDA
2. Angry Birds Seasons - Angry Birds Seasons - 4PDA
3. Angry Birds Rio - Angry Birds Rio - 4PDA

P.S. Comments on your site don't work.

maestrodan

Jan 29, 2012
Endzoid
Thank you for the default room, my room was killed when i tried to run debian on tabet, and this file is safe my device. And it's very good, in my default room whas truble with google tak, and in this room it's easy to remove it before install.

I make my version of room, whithout gtalk, with angry birds, fruit ninja, dophin hd and new market.

Last edited:

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
I'm on my firmware version is already struggling for two weeks. Can not get a stable Root access. Disappears after a reboot. From the original firmware I have removed almost all of the program:D

Last edited:

maestrodan

Jan 29, 2012
So you already have your tablet again? Congratulations:)
And how did you take the root? I want to remove the phone apps from device, as the contacts and etc.

now I try to edit room files,to have good settings of brightness of LCD, bacouse itis very high,I think,it can help to work more time without recharging battery. And I hope to edit partitions.

Last edited:

maestrodan

Jan 29, 2012
I can make the normal uburoid to this device, it is need to copy env_uboot from defaut firmware to uburoid.
It's works some faster, but not so better then default firmware

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
Hi folks!
I finished my mod firmware for device. You can download here Download 4.3_WM8650_Endzoid_v1.5.5.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

That's what was done:
launcher - GO Launcher Ex + GO Switch Widget + GO TaskManager Widget + GO Clock Widget
browser - Dolphin Browser Mini
e-mail - AquaMail
mediaplayer - Meridian
filemanager - File Expert
reader - Cool Reader
office suite - Quickoffice
flashplayer - 10.1.105.7
*all programs can be replaced with your favorite*

Root + normal working Market
Replacement of some components of UI (battery, etc.)
Optimization of performance, battery consumption, etc.
Added advertising filters

P.S. In any case do not update the Superuser via market or other way. Otherwise it will disappear root-access.

Here is what has been removed:
Browser
Email
Fallback
Gallery
Gmail
LiveWallpapersPicker
MarketUpdater
Music
PicoTts
Phone
Protips
QuickSearchBox.
SoundRecorder
SpeechRecorder
TtsService
Voicesearch
+ all original Chinese programs

If someone needs these files, you can download at this link Download 4.3_WM8650_Standart_APK.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way Besides Chinese progams.

Last edited: