7'' Android 1.6, Plain Sliver Back, RED LED...what is this Device?

tariqsdk

Oct 4, 2010
Hello Pros,

Can you please help me identifying my device...

Size: 7''

Firmware Version : 1.6

Kernal Version : 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty

Build Number: WMT2.0.1_105

It shows RED LED on charding, GREEN while Startup

Back panel is without any mark on it, Sliver color Plastic

Builtin MIc and Speakers

Front Camera

Wifi

SD Card Slot

A special Slot for an adaptor that has ports for LAN and USB 2.0

I have tried to update the ROM BUT couldn't do that and loose my orignal ROM as well,
I have tried different ROMs suggested in forum and follow the step by step procedure but no luck so far..
Flytouch.jpg

Please help me to find the proper ROM for this device

It was in the Packing of iRobot (which i believe is Fake packing)

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes if you ROM it you'll loose prior ROM. Try the 400MHz ROM if you do so you'll see 350MHz performance.

iamxue

Oct 15, 2010
Anyone know or have the WMT2.0.1_105 version of the OS, please let me know, it happen to me too. thanks.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I am going to suggest the obvious. Contact the vendor where you bought it. Either that or return for replacement. Something I have discovered from talking to some parties who are dropshipping the units here in the US or buying Bulk from AliBaba and then reselling. There is about a 1/5 failure rate on some VIA tablets. In reality this is NOT that surprising. In the early bad old days of the 8088/80286 clones, it was almost as bad. (1/10 failures).

I still have the attitude, of following these three rules with any electronica out of China.
1. When it arrives, Be Patient. Let it fully Charge before powering it on
2. First time use, run it until the low power alert happens. Then fully recharge again
3. DO NOT mod or open the system until you have had it for at least three weeks. If anything is going to fail. It will fail within the three week window of active use.

I have had good luck with this rule. If you got your tablets and then immediately tried to update the ROMs without being sure you have the right ROM to burn, it always comes back to haunt. I am not saying you did this. But as a warning for others.

Like I said in a prior post. It is Friday and I am in a cynical mood. I do not know where you can get the original ROMs without Google trawling, Searching the various Tablet forums or contacting the Vendor/seller. The ROM versions are changing almost weekly with some producers, so you may be better off looking for a compatible prior version. Say a 1.7.4 as an example.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
WMT = Wonder Media Technology they made chips like the popular WM8505 or WMT8505 same chip rated 300MHz, but can be over clocked to 400MHz on some tablets. All the ROM in the Flytouch ePad can be used, if you have aPad or EKEN you need to use ROM for that unit. Match the RAM to the ROM also. Otherwise you'll have issues.

tariqsdk

Oct 4, 2010
Well a lot of technical details but i am not an expert like you guyz so please guide me with some link or something so i can download the script and make my pad working. Thanks a lot in advance as i am fed up doing Googling for this solution and am ready to giveup on this Toy if no luck in another few days

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Everything is here on this site. You need to pick out which one you want to use. ROM that is. How to install is in the forum.

iamxue

Oct 15, 2010
Fake Flytouch working Now with WMT2.0_105 (original OS) found on Chinese Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

dve

Nov 21, 2010
Dear TariqSDK

I am replying to this message because you seem to have the same tablet I just bought.
I am still in china as we speak. This tablet I bought is in a fake Ipad case but the same pad as you have, I can see from your descriptions.

Mine is very slow and as a result I can not play video properly.
How is yours? Maybe you found a solution to this slowness? I was thinking of firmware downgrading when I read your post. Am scared now to do so. Maybe another solution, found by you?

Regards,
Dennis

Yesssss, Finally it works like a charm. Yes only the orignal RoM will working nothing else...

Below is the link

Download VIA8505 WMT2.0_105.zip

Hope for the Best to all and thanks to the person who upload this file.

tariqsdk

Oct 4, 2010
Dear TariqSDK

I am replying to this message because you seem to have the same tablet I just bought.
I am still in china as we speak. This tablet I bought is in a fake Ipad case but the same pad as you have, I can see from your descriptions.

Mine is very slow and as a result I can not play video properly.
How is yours? Maybe you found a solution to this slowness? I was thinking of firmware downgrading when I read your post. Am scared now to do so. Maybe another solution, found by you?

Regards,
Dennis

Sorry for late reply. I actully have the same issue as you for video and because of all these issues I have kind a stop using this crap. It's more likely a headache.
I wish I could do something about it.

BeSt of LucK.

Nistelrooy

Dec 3, 2010
my iped similiar to tariqsdk. after upgrade my display touchscreen not responding..
rom version 1.7.2.
how to install ROM back? help..
i cannot do anything with this toy..

woody08

Dec 4, 2010
the 2.01.105 is working but i am having trouble with the app market , it doesnt bring any well known apps up like facebook , etc , any ideas

tariqsdk

Oct 4, 2010
my iped similiar to tariqsdk. after upgrade my display touchscreen not responding..
rom version 1.7.2.
how to install ROM back? help..
i cannot do anything with this toy..

Check out post number 9 and install that ROM it should work.
Tariq

woody08

Dec 4, 2010
i do not no how to install , i have had a look round and still cannot find clearly how to install it ? can u help