7" iRobot ePad Wifi Android Tablet PC MID - BRICKED ON ARRIVAL... PLEASE HELP

Ler0y Jenkins

Jul 20, 2010
I bought an ePad off of eBay... here's a link to the item...

7" iRobot ePad Wifi Android Tablet PC MID 2GB+WiFi+USA - eBay (item 120595072173 end time Jul-16-10 09:00:28 PDT)

It arrived yesterday and turned right on but it gets stuck on the Android screen. The bottom right says v. 1.7.7. I kept it on for about 10 minutes and nothing changed.

I tried turning it off and back on and resetting it using the small reset button with a paperclip. Nothing worked.

I was thinking that I could just upgrade or resintall the firmware but I have no idea where to get a firmware download for this device.

Can anyone help?

Kevin

arwcrna

Aug 7, 2010
I received my device this week with the same problem. I can't seem to find any solutions as to why the device sticks on the Android screen when powered on. The only thing I know to do is to send it back for a refund or exchange. Hopefully someone can help us with this problem.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Mine turned on okay! I had to charge the battery it doesn't seem to keep the charge I bet it's not even Ion in there? I got mine from Meritline.com in CA USA office It overheats, runs like a mule (slow, sluggish, turtle speed) and the battery life is just awful! I've turned off everything installed Memory Lite, then it perked up a bit and then the battery life still flash from green to orange before the message reads your out of luck and dies! They have test.mp4 HD video on it and boy that video can't play it keeps stopping then starts then stops then starts. Who can watch anything on it. Youtube can't even get anything to play on it. Oh well. I've requested RMA # to send it back to Main off in CA USA. I am not shipping to the vendor in China!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
These Epad variants (VIA WM8505) are everywhere, and I don't know of a good source to get them. They are fine ebook readers, but there are a lot of bad ones.

spb37

Aug 1, 2010
If you do not want to return it figure out which model it is and flash one of the roms on slatedroid. Once the file from slatedroid (a folder called script) is on your SD card the rest is automatic.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
What type of results you had using that firmware. I frankly would not want to keep the knock-off it keeps hanging. My niece was over here and Wow Uncle! Is that a iPad! But she said it don't work right and slow. She couldn't even get to Youtube. Where as with the Gentouch 78 doesn't have those type of issues. If the firmware is to blame on these from China, but I think build quality is cheap and it gets so hot on the back of it. The battery is already drained where as with the Gentouch 78 it's still going.